Elsevier Adaptive Learning and Quizzing Package for Fundamentals of Nursing (Retail Access Card),8th Edition
Studying is about to get a whole lot easier! Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Fundamentals of Nursing, 8th Edition, the Elsevier Adaptive Solutions Package combines two innovative adaptive products into one powerful learning solution. Elsevier Adaptive Learning (EAL) helps you transform textbook information into lasting knowledge, while Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing (EAQ) ensures you know how to apply that knowledge to exams and clinical practice. Both EAL and EAQ are fun, engaging, and constantly tracking and adapting to your performance so you learn more effectively and efficiently. This dynamic duo is the personalized solution you need to learn faster, remember longer, and be better prepared for exams and licensure.
Elsevier Adaptive Learning:
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing:
- In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, summary tables, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable licensure or certification exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing and/or health professions educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system diseases, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the licensure or certification examination.
Unit 1: Nursing and the Health Care Environment
1. Nursing Today
2. The Health Care Delivery System
3. Community-Based Nursing Practice
4. Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice
5. Evidence-Based Practice
Unit 2: Caring Throughout the Life Span
6. Health and Wellness
7. Caring in Nursing Practice
8. Caring for the Cancer Survivor
9. Culture and Ethnicity
10. Caring for Families
11. Developmental Theories
12. Conception Through Adolescence
13. Young to Middle Adult
14. Older Adult
Unit 3: Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice
15. Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice
16. Nursing Assessment
17. Nursing Diagnosis
18. Planning Nursing Care
19. Implementing Nursing Care
21. Managing Patient Care
Unit 4: Professional Standards in Nursing Practice
22. Ethics and Values
23. Legal Implications in Nursing Practice
25. Patient Education
26. Documentation and Informatics
Unit 5: Foundations for Nursing Practice
27. Patient Safety
28. Infection Prevention and Infection Control
29. Vital Signs
30. Health Assessment and Physical Examination
31. Medication Administration
32. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Unit 6: Psychosocial Basis for Nursing Practice
35. Spiritual Health
36. The Experience of Loss, Death, and Grief
37. Stress and Coping
Unit 7: Physiological Basis for Nursing Practice
38. Activity and Exercise
41. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
43. Pain Management
45. Urinary Elimination
46. Bowel Elimination
47. Mobility and Immobility
48. Skin Integrity and Wound Care
49. Sensory Alterations
50. Care of Surgical Patients
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services
St. Louis, MO, Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL, Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL, Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Chair and White Family Endowed Professor of Nursing, Dunigan Family Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN and Elsevier