Rapid Interpretation of Heart and Lung Sounds, 3rd Edition
Help students learn to properly identify, interpret, and differentiate a wide variety of canine and feline heart and lung sounds with Rapid Interpretation of Heart and Lung Sounds: A Guide to Cardiac and Respiratory Auscultation in Dogs and Cats, 3rd Edition. A brand new companion website integrates the solid content in the book with simulated and clinical examples to help students master and evaluate common sounds like murmurs and arrhythmias. And with the text’s helpful instructions, clinically-relevant conditions, ECGs, and PCGs, your students will be well prepared to perform accurate heart and lung auscultation in dogs and cats.
- Heart sound simulator allows you to focus on the heart sounds without the distraction of respiratory sounds or artifacts of hair rubbing against the stethoscope.
- Wide variety of heart and lung sounds provides you with real-life cases that are as close to clinical practice as possible.
- Pretests may be taken prior to reviewing the book and website to measure how much you already know.
- Posttests help determine when the material has been mastered and direct the user to remediation in areas where additional study is needed.
- Inclusion of clinically-relevant conditions makes it easy for you to apply this information to day-to-day practice.
- Key points called out within the text alert you to potential problems, variations on techniques, and other treatment considerations.
- NEW! User-friendly companion website integrated with the text fully prepares you to identify, interpret, and differentiate heart and lung sounds in dogs and cats.
- EXPANDED! Respiratory content offers actual examples of video and lung sounds on respiratory patterns in animals that are dyspneic from various causes.
Suggestions for Program Use
Chapter 1: Heart Sounds
Chapter 2: Murmurs
Chapter 3: Arrhythmias
Chapter 4: Lung Sounds
Bruce W. Keene, DVM, MSc, DACVIM, Department of Companion Animal and Special Species Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, Francis W. K. Smith, DVM, DACVIM(Internal Medicine & Cardiology), Vice President, VetMed Consultants, Inc., Lexington, MA; Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, MA, Larry P. Tilley, DVM, DACVIM(Internal Medicine), President, VetMed Consultants, Inc., Consultant, New Mexico Veterinary Specialty Referral Center, Santa Fe, NM and Bernie Hansen