McCracken's Removable Partial Prosthodontics, 13th Edition
The standard in prosthodontics for nearly 50 years, McCracken's Removable Partial Prosthodontics, 13th Edition walks readers through all the principles and concepts surrounding removable partial denture treatment planning and design that today’s practitioners need to know. Using an evidence-based approach, this full-color text incorporates the latest information on new techniques, procedures, and equipment, including expanded information on dynamic communication and the use of implants with removable partial dentures. From initial contact with the patient to post-treatment care, McCracken’s is the complete foundation today’s dentists need to successfully practice prosthodontic care.
- A variety of philosophies and techniques are featured throughout the text, so readers can select and incorporate applicable techniques on a case-by-case basis.
- Full-color drawings and photographs give readers a detailed view of techniques, materials, and anatomic detail.
- Evidence-based approach uses current research to help readers diagnose, design, develop, and sequence a treatment plan.
- Expert guidance from both authors walks readers through the latest techniques as well as technological advances specific to removable partial dentures.
- NEW! Standardized removable partial denture designs offered for application to the major categories of patients seen in practice.
- NEW! Expanded information on the use of implants with removable partial dentures highlights considerations in treatment planning including the selection of implants and provision of care utilizing dental implants.
- NEW! More information on dynamic communication which incorporates the progress being made in shared decision making with patients, especially regarding decisions made in light of patient values and ‘trade-off’ considerations.
PART I: GENERAL CONCEPTS/TREATMENT PLANNING 1. PARTIALLY EDENTULOUS EPIDEMIOLOGY, PHYSIOLOGY, AND TERMINOLOGY 2. CONSIDERATION FOR MANAGING PARTIAL TOOTH LOSS 3. CLASSIFICATION OF PARTIALLY EDENTULOUS ARCHES 4. BIOMECHANICS OF REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURES 5. MAJOR AND MINOR CONNECTORS 6. RESTS AND REST SEATS 7. DIRECT RETAINERS 8. INDIRECT RETAINERS 9. DENTURE BASE CONSIDERATIONS 10. PRINCIPLES OF REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURE DESIGN 11. SURVEYING PART II: CLINICAL AND LABORATORY 12. DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT PLANNING 13. PREPARATION OF MOUTH FOR REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURES 14. PREPARATION OF ABUTMENT TEETH 15. IMPRESSION MATERIALS AND PROCEDURES FOR REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURES 16. SUPPORT FOR THE DISTAL EXTENSION DENTURE BASE 17. OCCLUSAL RELATIONSHIPS FOR REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURES 18. LABORATORY PROCEDURES 19. WORK AUTHORIZATIONS FOR REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURES 20. INITIAL PLACEMENT, ADJUSTMENT, AND SERVICING OF THE REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURE PART III: MAINTENANCE 21. RELINING AND REBASING THE REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURE 22. REPAIRS AND ADDITIONS TO REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURES 23. INTERIM REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURES 24. REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURE CONSIDERATIONS IN MAXILLOFACIAL PROSTHETICS 25. CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE USE OF DENTAL IMPLANTS WITH REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURES APPENDIX A: GLOSSARY APPENDIX B: SELECTED READING RESOURCES
Alan B. Carr, DMD, MS, Professor, Department of Dental Specialties, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN and David T. Brown, DDS, MS, Vice Chairman, Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA