Structure & Function of the Body - Softcover, 15th Edition
Helping your students master the essentials of A&P has never been easier! Using simple, conversational language and vivid illustrations, Structure & Function of the Body, 15th Edition makes previously difficult anatomy and physiology concepts clear and easy to understand. In addition to its focus on the normal structure and function of the human body and what the body does to maintain homeostasis, this new edition boasts new high quality animations from Animation Direct and a new Language of Science and Medicine feature that infuses important medical terminology into related A&P principles. The result is a firm understanding of the structure, function, and ways to describe the body that are essential for effective patient care.
- Conversational and clear writing style makes content easy to read and understand.
- Full-color design contains more than 400 drawings and photos.
- Clear View of the Human Body is a unique, full-color, semi-transparent insert depicting the human body (male and female) in layers.
- Animation Direct callouts direct readers to Evolve for an animation about a specific topic.
- Updated study tips sections at the beginning of each chapter help break down difficult topics and guide readers on how to best use book features to their advantage.
- Special boxes such as Health and Well-Being boxes, Clinical Application boxes, Research and Trends boxes, and more help readers apply what they have learned to their future careers in health care and science.
- NEW! Language of Science and Medicine section in each chapter includes key terms, word parts, and pronunciations to place a greater focus on medical terminology
- NEW! Thoroughly revised chapters, illustrations, and review questions reflect the most current information available.
- NEW! High quality animations for the AnimationDirect feature clarify physiological processes and provide a realistic foundation of underlying structures and functions.
- NEW! Simplified chapter titles provide clarity in the table of contents.
- NEW! Division of cells and tissues into two separate chapters improves reader comprehension and reduces text anxiety.
1.Introduction to the Body
2.Chemistry of Life
6.Skin and Membranes
14.Lymphatic System and Immunity
17.Nutrition and Metabolism
19.Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
22.Growth and Development
Appendix A: Body Mass Index
Appendix B: Common Medical Abbreviations, Prefixes, and Suffixes
Chapter Test Answers
Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, MO, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (adjunct), New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY, Emeritus Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO and Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI