Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Mosby's Fundamentals of Therapeutic Massage (Access Card), 5th Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Learning - Access Card
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Mosby's Fundamentals of Therapeutic Massage, 5th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
1. Therapeutic Massage as a Profession
2. Ethics, Professionalism and Legal Issues
3. Business Considerations for a Career in Therapeutic Massage
4. Massage and Medical Terminology for Professional Record Keeping
5. Research Literacy and Evidence-Based Practice
6. Indications and Contraindications for Therapeutic Massage
7. Hygiene, Sanitation, and Safety
8. Body Mechanics
9. Preparation for Massage: Equipment, Professional Environment, Positioning and Draping
10. Massage Manipulations and Techniques
11. Assessment Procedures for Developing a Care/Treatment Plan
12. Complementary Bodywork Systems
13. Massage Career Tracks and Practice Settings
14. Adaptive Massage
15. Wellness Education
16. Case Studies
Appendix A. Indications and Contraindications to Massage
Appendix B. Skin Pathology: Common Skin Disorders
Appendix C. Basic Pharmacology for the Massage Therapist
Sandy Fritz, BS, MS, NCTMB, Director, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage, Lapeer, Michigan, USA