2015 ICD-10-PCS Draft Edition - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Help your students code more efficiently and effectively with Carol J. Buck's 2015 ICD-10-PCS Draft Edition. Designed by coders for coders, this reference combines Netter's Anatomy illustrations and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting. It simplifies procedure coding to ensure accurate billing and optimal reimbursement, providing 16 sections filled with tables to help in determining code selection. Clear explanations of A&P, pathology, and medical terminology make it easy for students to develop the knowledge needed to assign the appropriate ICD-10-PCS codes.
- UNIQUE! Full-color Netter’s anatomy art helps you understand complex anatomic information and how it may affect coding.
- Complete coverage of ICD-10-PCS codes prepares you for the new code set replacing ICD-9-CM Volume 3.
- At-a-glance Guide to the Updates lists all new, revised, and deleted codes, providing quick access to the annual changes.
- ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCRs) are included for fast, easy access to the official coding rules.
- American Hospital Association’s Coding Clinic® citations provide reference information regarding official ICD-10-PCS coding advice that will enhance your understanding of specific codes.
- Sex edits from the Definitions of Medicare Code Edits denote codes that are used only with patients of a specific sex.
- Codingupdates.com companion website includes updates to the ICD-10 codes needed for procedure coding.
- NEW! Updated 2015 Draft Code set includes the ICD-10 codes needed for procedure coding and reflects the June 2014 code updates.
- NEW format is specifically designed to meet the needs of professional procedure coding.
- NEW! Hospital Acquired Condition (HAC) symbol alerts you to procedures related to HACs as outlined in the MS-DRG v31.
- NEW! Symbols for female- and male-only related procedures are included.
- NEW! Symbols for Noncovered and Limited Coverage procedures are included, as outlined in the Definitions of Medicare Code Edits, v31.
0. Medical and Surgical
4. Measurement and Monitoring
5. Extracorporeal Assistance and Performance
6. Extracorporeal Therapies
8. Other Procedures
C. Nuclear Medicine
D. Radiation Oncology
F. Physical Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Audiology
G. Mental Health
H. Substance Abuse Treatment
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN