Elsevier Adaptive Learning (Access Card) and Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing (Access Card) for Maternal Child Nursing Care, 5th Edition
Studying is about to get a whole lot easier! Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Maternal Child Nursing Care, 5th Edition, the Elsevier Adaptive Solutions Package combines two innovative adaptive products into one powerful learning solution. Elsevier Adaptive Learning (EAL) helps you transform textbook information into lasting knowledge, while Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing (EAQ) ensures you know how to apply that knowledge to exams and clinical practice. Both EAL and EAQ are fun, engaging, and constantly tracking and adapting to your performance so you learn more effectively and efficiently. This dynamic duo is the personalized solution you need to learn faster, remember longer, and be better prepared for exams and licensure.
Elsevier Adaptive Learning:
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing:
- In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, summary tables, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable licensure or certification exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing and/or health professions educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system diseases, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the licensure or certification examination.
PART 1 Maternity Nursing UNIT 1 INTRODUCTION TO MATERNITY NURSING 1. 21st Century Maternity Nursing 2. Community Care: The Family and Culture
UNIT 2 REPRODUCTIVE YEARS 3. Assessment and Health Promotion 4. Reproductive System Concerns 5. Infertility, Contraception, and Abortion
UNIT 3 PREGNANCY 6. Genetics, Conception, and Fetal Development 7. Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy 8. Nursing Care of the Family During Pregnancy 9. Maternal and Fetal Nutrition 10. Assessment of High Risk Pregnancy 11. High Risk Perinatal Care: Preexisting Conditions 12. High Risk Perinatal Care: Gestational Conditions
UNIT 4 CHILDBIRTH 13. Labor and Birth Processes 14. Pain Management 15. Fetal Assessment During Labor 16. Nursing Care of the Family During Labor and Birth 17. Labor and Birth Complications
UNIT 5 POSTPARTUM PERIOD 18. Maternal Physiologic Changes 19. Nursing Care of the Family during the Postpartum Period 20. Transition to Parenthood 21. Postpartum Complications
UNIT 6 NEWBORN 22. Physiologic Adaptations of the Newborn 23. Nursing Care of the Newborn and Family 24. Newborn Nutrition and Feeding 25. The High Risk Newborn
PART 2 PEDIATRIC NURSING UNIT 7 CHILDREN, THEIR FAMILIES, AND THE NURSE 26. 21st Century Pediatric Nursing 27. Family, Social, Cultural, and Religious Influences on Child Health Promotion 28. Developmental and Genetic Influences on Child Health Promotion
UNIT 8 ASSESSMENT OF THE CHILD AND FAMILY 29. Communication, History, and Physical Assessment 30. Pain Assessment and Management
UNIT 9 HEALTH PROMOTION AND SPECIAL HEALTH PROBLEMS 31. The Infant and Family 32. The Toddler and Family 33. The Preschooler and Family 34. The School-Age Child and Family 35. The Adolescent and Family
UNIT 10 SPECIAL NEEDS, ILLNESS, AND HOSPITALIZATION 36. Chronic Illness, Disability, and End-of-Life Care 37. Cognitive and Sensory Impairment 38. Family-Centered Care of the Child During Illness and Hospitalization 39. Pediatric Variations of Nursing Interventions
UNIT 11 HEALTH PROBLEMS OF CHILDREN 40. Respiratory Dysfunction 41. Gastrointestinal Dysfunction 42. Cardiovascular Dysfunction 43. Hematologic and Immunologic Dysfunction 44. Genitourinary Dysfunction 45. Cerebral Dysfunction 46. Endocrine Dysfunction 47. Integumentary Dysfunction 48. Musculoskeletal or Articular Dysfunction 49. Neuromuscular or Muscular Dysfunction Appendix A: Growth Measurements Appendix B: Common Laboratory Tests Appendix C: Pediatric Vital Signs and Parameters
Shannon E. Perry, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA, Marilyn J. Hockenberry, PhD, RN-CS, PNP, FAAN, Bessie Baker Distinguished Professor of Nursing
Professor of Pediatrics
Chair, Duke Institutional Review Board
Durham, NC, Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, RNC, PhD, FAAN, Clinical Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC and David Wilson, MS, RN, C(INC), Staff
Children's Hospital at Saint Francis