Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Kinn's The Medical Assistant (Retail Access Card),12th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to The Medical Assistant, An Applied Learning Approach, 12th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exams preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Chapter 1: Becoming a Successful Student
Chapter 2: The Healthcare Industry
Unit One: Introduction to Medical Assisting
Chapter 3: The Medical Assisting Profession
Chapter 4: Professional Behavior in the Workplace
Chapter 5: Interpersonal Skills and Human Behavior
Chapter 6: Medicine and Ethics
Chapter 7: Medicine and Law
Unit Two: Administrative Medical Assisting
Chapter 8: Computer Concepts
Chapter 9: Telephone Techniques
Chapter 10: Scheduling Appointments
Chapter 11: Patient Reception and Processing
Chapter 12: Office Environment and Daily Operations
Chapter 13: Written Communications and Mail Processing
Unit Three: Health Information in the Medical Office
Chapter 14: The Paper Medical Record
Chapter 15: The Electronic Medical Record
Chapter 16: Health Information Management
Chapter 17: Privacy in the Physician’s Office
Unit Four: Billing and Coding Procedures
Chapter 18: Basics of Diagnostic Coding
Chapter 19: Basics of Procedure Coding
Chapter 20: Basics of Health Insurance
Chapter 21: The Health Insurance Claim Form
Chapter 22: Professional Fees, Billing, and Collecting
Unit Five: Financial and Practice Management
Chapter 23: Banking Services and Procedures
Chapter 24: Management of Practice Finances
Chapter 25: Medical Practice Management and Human Resources
Chapter 26: Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service
Unit Six: Fundamentals of Clinical Medical Assisting
Chapter 27: Infection Control
Chapter 28: Patient Assessment
Chapter 29: Patient Education
Chapter 30: Nutrition and Health Promotion
Chapter 31: Vital Signs
Chapter 32: Assisting with the Primary Physical Examination
Unit Seven: Assisting with Medications
Chapter 33: Principles of Pharmacology
Chapter 34: Pharmacology Math
Chapter 35; Administering Medications
Unit Eight: Assisting with Medical Specialties
Chapter 36: Emergency Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies
Chapter 37: Assisting in Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
Chapter 38: Assisting in Dermatology
Chapter 39: Assisting in Gastroenterology
Chapter 40: Assisting in Urology and Male Reproduction
Chapter 41: Assisting in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Chapter 42: Assisting in Pediatrics
Chapter 43: Assisting in Orthopedic Medicine
Chapter 44: Assisting in Neurology and Mental Health
Chapter 45: Assisting in Endocrinology
Chapter 46: Assisting in Pulmonary Medicine
Chapter 47: Assisting in Cardiology
Chapter 48: Assisting in Geriatrics
Unit Nine: Diagnostic Procedures
Chapter 49: Principles of Electrocardiography
Chapter 50: Assisting with Diagnostic Imaging
Chapter 51: Assisting in the Clinical Laboratory
Chapter 52: Assisting in the Analysis of Urine
Chapter 53: Assisting in Phlebotomy
Chapter 54: Assisting in the Analysis of Blood
Chapter 55: Assisting in Microbiology and Immunology
Unit Ten: Assisting with Surgeries
Chapter 56: Surgical Supplies and Instruments
Chapter 57: Surgical Asepsis and Assisting with Surgical Procedures
Unit Eleven: Career Development
Chapter 58: Career Development and Life Skills
Deborah B. Proctor, EdD, RN, CMA, Professor and Director, Medical Assisting Program, Butler County Community College, Butler, PA, Alexandra Patricia Adams, BBA, RMA, CMA (AAMA), MA, Adjunct Instructor, Everest College, Arlington Midcities Campus, Arlington, TX; Professional Writer, Grand Prairie, TX; Formerly, Director of Admissions, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX; Formerly, Program Director, Medical Assisting/HIM Programs, Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Irving, TX and Elsevier