Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Kinn's The Medical Assistant, 12th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to The Medical Assistant, An Applied Learning Approach, 12th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exams preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Introduction Chapter 1: Becoming a Successful Student Chapter 2: The Healthcare Industry Unit One: Introduction to Medical Assisting Chapter 3: The Medical Assisting Profession Chapter 4: Professional Behavior in the Workplace Chapter 5: Interpersonal Skills and Human Behavior Chapter 6: Medicine and Ethics Chapter 7: Medicine and Law Unit Two: Administrative Medical Assisting Chapter 8: Computer Concepts Chapter 9: Telephone Techniques Chapter 10: Scheduling Appointments Chapter 11: Patient Reception and Processing Chapter 12: Office Environment and Daily Operations Chapter 13: Written Communications and Mail Processing Unit Three: Health Information in the Medical Office Chapter 14: The Paper Medical Record Chapter 15: The Electronic Medical Record Chapter 16: Health Information Management Chapter 17: Privacy in the Physician’s Office Unit Four: Billing and Coding Procedures Chapter 18: Basics of Diagnostic Coding Chapter 19: Basics of Procedure Coding Chapter 20: Basics of Health Insurance Chapter 21: The Health Insurance Claim Form Chapter 22: Professional Fees, Billing, and Collecting Unit Five: Financial and Practice Management Chapter 23: Banking Services and Procedures Chapter 24: Management of Practice Finances Chapter 25: Medical Practice Management and Human Resources Chapter 26: Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service Unit Six: Fundamentals of Clinical Medical Assisting Chapter 27: Infection Control Chapter 28: Patient Assessment Chapter 29: Patient Education Chapter 30: Nutrition and Health Promotion Chapter 31: Vital Signs Chapter 32: Assisting with the Primary Physical Examination Unit Seven: Assisting with Medications Chapter 33: Principles of Pharmacology Chapter 34: Pharmacology Math Chapter 35; Administering Medications Unit Eight: Assisting with Medical Specialties Chapter 36: Emergency Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies Chapter 37: Assisting in Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology Chapter 38: Assisting in Dermatology Chapter 39: Assisting in Gastroenterology Chapter 40: Assisting in Urology and Male Reproduction Chapter 41: Assisting in Obstetrics and Gynecology Chapter 42: Assisting in Pediatrics Chapter 43: Assisting in Orthopedic Medicine Chapter 44: Assisting in Neurology and Mental Health Chapter 45: Assisting in Endocrinology Chapter 46: Assisting in Pulmonary Medicine Chapter 47: Assisting in Cardiology Chapter 48: Assisting in Geriatrics Unit Nine: Diagnostic Procedures Chapter 49: Principles of Electrocardiography Chapter 50: Assisting with Diagnostic Imaging Chapter 51: Assisting in the Clinical Laboratory Chapter 52: Assisting in the Analysis of Urine Chapter 53: Assisting in Phlebotomy Chapter 54: Assisting in the Analysis of Blood Chapter 55: Assisting in Microbiology and Immunology Unit Ten: Assisting with Surgeries Chapter 56: Surgical Supplies and Instruments Chapter 57: Surgical Asepsis and Assisting with Surgical Procedures Unit Eleven: Career Development Chapter 58: Career Development and Life Skills
Deborah B. Proctor, EdD, RN, CMA, Professor and Director, Medical Assisting Program, Butler County Community College, Butler, PA, Alexandra Patricia Adams, BBA, RMA, CMA (AAMA), MA, Adjunct Instructor, Everest College, Arlington Midcities Campus, Arlington, TX; Professional Writer, Grand Prairie, TX; Formerly, Director of Admissions, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX; Formerly, Program Director, Medical Assisting/HIM Programs, Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Irving, TX and Elsevier