Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Modern Dental Assisting, 11th Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing - Next Generation
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Modern Dental Assisting, 11th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exams preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
PART 1: The Dental Assisting Profession 1. History of Dentistry 2. The Professional Dental Assistant 3. The Dental Healthcare Team 4. Dental Ethics 5. Dentistry and the Law PART 2: Sciences in Dentistry 6. General Anatomy 7. General Physiology 8. Oral Embryology and Histology 9. Head and Neck Anatomy 10. Landmarks of the Face and Oral Cavity 11. Overview of the Dentitions 12. Tooth Morphology PART 3: Oral Health and Prevention of Dental Disease 13. Dental Caries 14. Periodontal Disease 15. Preventive Dentistry 16. Nutrition 17. Oral Pathology PART 4: Infection Prevention in Dentistry 18. Microbiology 19. Disease Transmission and Infection Prevention 20. Principles and Techniques of Disinfection 21. Principles and Techniques of Instrument Processing and Sterilization PART 5: Occupational Health and Safety 22. Regulatory and Advisory Agencies 23. Chemical and Waste Management 24. Dental Unit Waterlines 25. Ergonomics PART 6: Patient Information and Assessment 26. The Patient Record 27. Vital Signs 28. Oral Diagnosis and Treatment Planning 29. The Special Needs and Medically Compromised Patient 30. Principles of Pharmacology 31. Assisting in a Medical Emergency PART 7: Foundation of Clinical Dentistry 32. The Dental Office 33. Delivering Dental Care 34. Dental Hand Instruments 35. Dental Handpieces and Accessories 36. Moisture Control 37. Anesthesia and Pain Control PART 8: Radiographic Imaging 38. Foundations of Radiography, Radiographic Equipment, and Radiologic Safety 39. Dental Imaging, Dental Film, and Processing Radiographs 40. Legal Issues, Quality Assurance, and Infection Prevention 41. Intraoral Imaging 42. Extraoral Imaging PART 9: Dental Materials 43. Restorative and Esthetic Dental Materials 44. Dental Liners, Bases, and Bonding Systems 45. Dental Cements 46. Impression Materials 47. Laboratory Materials and Procedures PART 10: Assisting in Comprehensive Dental Care 48. General Dentistry 49. Matrix Systems for Restorative Dentistry 50. Fixed Prosthodontics 51. Provisional Coverage 52. Removable Prosthodontics 53. Dental Implants 54. Endodontics 55. Periodontics 56. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 57. Pediatric Dentistry 58. Coronal Polishing 59. Dental Sealants 60. Orthodontics PART 11: Dental Administration and Communication Skills 61. Communication in the Dental Office 62. Business Operating Systems 63. Financial Management in the Dental Office 64. Marketing Your Skills References Glossary Index
Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDA, RDH, MA, Former Director, Dental Education Programs, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, California; Former Director, Dental Assisting Program University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Former Research Associate, Department of Nutrition Gillings School of Global Public Health University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina and Elsevier