Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,9th Edition
Dependable, current, and complete, this perennially best-selling text is one that your students will be using long after their medical school days are behind them. A world-class author team delivers the latest, most essential pathology knowledge in a readable, interesting manner, ensuring optimal understanding of the latest basic science and clinical content.
- Rely on uniquely authoritative and readable coverage, ideal for USMLE or specialty board preparation, as well as for course work.
- Simplify your study with an outstanding full-color, highly user-friendly design.
- Stay up to date with the latest information in molecular and genetic testing and mechanisms of disease.
- Consult new Targeted Therapy boxes online that discuss drug therapy for specific diseases.
- Gain a new perspective in key areas thanks to contributions from new authors at the top of their fields.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. Further your understanding with access to a wealth of interactive ancillaries on the Student Consult site, including pathology case studies and videos and self-assessment questions.
1. Cellular Responses to Stress and Toxic Insults: Adaptation, Injury, and Death
2. Acute and Chronic Inflammation
3. Tissue Renewal, Repair, and Regeneration
4. Hemodynamic Disorders, Thromboembolic Disease, and Shock
5. Genetic Disorders
6. Diseases of the Immune System
8. Infectious Diseases
9. Environmental and Nutritional Diseases
10. Diseases of Infancy and Childhood
Systemic Pathology: Diseases of Organ Systems
11. Blood Vessels
12. The Heart
13. Diseases of White Blood Cells, Lymph Nodes, Spleen, and Thymus
14. Red Blood Cell and Bleeding Disorders
15. The Lung
16. Head and Neck
17. The Gastrointestinal Tract
18. Liver and Biliary Tract
19. The Pancreas
20. The Kidney
21. The Lower Urinary Tract and Male Genital System
22. The Female Genital Tract
23. The Breast
24. The Endocrine System
25. The Skin
26. Bones, Joints, and Soft Tissue Tumors
27. Peripheral Nerve and Skeletal Muscle
28. The Central Nervous System
29. The Eye
Vinay Kumar, MBBS, MD, FRCPath, Donald N. Pritzker Professor and Chairman, Department of Pathology, Biologic Sciences Division and Pritzker School of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, Abul K. Abbas, MBBS, Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California and Jon C. Aster, MD, PhD, Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School; Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts