Workbook for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2015 Edition - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study,
Strengthen your ability to code accurately and obtain optimal reimbursement for medical services! Corresponding to the chapters in Carol J. Buck's Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2015 Edition, this workbook offers review and practice with more than 1,500 questions and terminology exercises (with odd-numbered answers provided), and includes a complete review for ICD-10-CM and ICD-9-CM. It also includes over 90 original source documents to familiarize you with the reports you will encounter in practice.
- Dual coding addresses the transition to ICD-10 by providing coding answers for both ICD-10 and ICD-9.
- Theory, practical, and reporting exercises help you master key concepts and apply your knowledge.
- Over 90 original source documents, cleared of all confidential information, provide real-world experience with reports you will encounter in practice.
- Complete coverage of ICD-10-CM prepares you for the transition to ICD-10.
- Workbook questions follow the same answer format as the text with the multiple code icons, helping you develop your coding ability and critical thinking skills.
- UPDATED content includes the latest coding information available, promoting accurate coding and success on the job.
1. Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance
2. An Overview of ICD-10-CM
3. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
4. Using ICD-10-CM
5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
7. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
8. An Overview of ICD-9-CM
9. ICD-9-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
10. Using ICD-9-CM
11. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-9-CM Chapters 1-8)
12. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-9-CM Chapters 9-17)
13. Introduction to CPT and Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
15. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
17. Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
18. Integumentary System
19. Musculoskeletal System
20. Respiratory System
21. Cardiovascular System
22. Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
23. Digestive System
24. Urinary and Male Genital Systems
25. Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, Maternity Care and Delivery
26. Endocrine and Nervous Systems
27. Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
31. Inpatient Coding
Appendix A: Reports
Appendix B: Answers to Workbook Questions
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN