The Simulated Administrative Medical Office,
Help your students master the administrative competencies they need to get hired with The Simulated Administrative Medical Office! Using exercises centered on the world’s premier educational EHR, SimChart for the Medical Office, this simulated practicum guides students through two weeks on the job as an administrative medical assistant working in the front office of a medical practice. The text features clear, step-by-step instructions that lead students through each of the SimChart exercises, while reinforcing points of professionalism. With this hands-on experience, you can ensure that your students are well prepared for their actual externships and future AMA careers.
* This product ISBN does NOT include a SimChart for the Medical Office access code. To purchase the text + SimChart package, please use ISBN 9780323374712.
This product does NOT include a SimChart for the Medical Office access code. To purchase the text + SimChart package, please use ISBN 9780323374712.
- 50 tasks each simulate an actual administrative duty of the medical assistant — such as managing patient scheduling, insurance, or billing — to develop your front office skills.
- Step-by-step instructions simplify the daily tasks and make simulations and practice more realistic.
- Examples of forms and supplies are included online to use in completing assigned daily tasks.
- Tasks are fully aligned with CAAHEP and ABHES competencies for medical assisting, including the newest CAAHEP standards.
TASK 1.1 Risk Management
TASK 1.2 Preparing the Schedules
TASK 1.3 Scheduling Telephone Appointments and Inpatient Consultations
TASK 1.4 Written Communications
TASK 1.5 Records Management and Patient List
TASK 2.1 Patient List
TASK 2.2 Patient Reception
TASK 2.3 Scheduling Appointments
TASK 2.4 Medical Transcription
TASK 2.5 Scheduling Emergency or Urgent Appointments
TASK 3.1 Patient Reception and Referral
TASK 3.2 Medical Transcription
TASK 3.3 Insurance Claim Form
TASK 3.4 Written Communications
TASK 3.5 Preparing the Superbill
TASK 4.1 Telephone Messages and Appointment Schedule
TASK 4.2 Correspondence and Mail
TASK 4.3 Scheduling Appointments
TASK 4.4 Records Management
TASK 5.1 Medical Transcription
TASK 5.2 Posting Charges to a Superbill
TASK 5.3 Billing and Banking Procedures
TASK 5.4 Financial Management
TASK 6.1 Internet Research
TASK 6.2 Establishing a Meeting
TASK 6.3 Telephone Messages
TASK 6.4 Scheduling Appointments
TASK 7.1 Insurance Claim Forms
TASK 7.2 Patient Reception
TASK 7.3 Scheduling Nursing Home Services
TASK 7.4 Telephone Messages
TASK 7.5 Scheduling Appointments
TASK 7.6 Scheduling Surgeries
TASK 7.7 Medical Records
TASK 8.1 Office Management
TASK 8.2 Inventory Management
TASK 8.3 Telephone Messages
TASK 8.4 Medical Transcription
TASK 9.1 Patient Registration Record
TASK 9.2 Health History Form
TASK 10.1 Obtaining Information from the EHR
TASK 10.2 Other Dashboard Features
TASK 10.3 Identifying EHR Features
TASK 10.4 Additional EHR Features
Julie Pepper, BS, CMA (AAMA), Medical Assistant Instructor, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin