Principles and Practice of Veterinary Technology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Prepare your students for veterinary technology credentialing examinations and clinical practice with Principles and Practice of Veterinary Technology, 4th Edition. Reorganized and updated with the latest advances in the field, this comprehensive text helps vet techs develop strong critical thinking and independent work skills. It includes expanded coverage of complementary medicine, critical care, pet health insurance, and toxicology. More than 80 step-by-step procedures throughout the text emphasize the technician’s roles and responsibilities for all AVMA-required psychomotor techniques. Plus, dozens of summary tables and boxes make it easy for students to find key information.
- Updated companion site with varying questions provide you with additional modes of study.
- Step-by-step procedures help you learn the essential skills required to become a successful veterinary technician.
- Summary tables and boxes condense key information to make complex material easier to understand.
- Clinical discussion of the role of the technician allows you to focus on your responsibilities in every aspect of practice.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of complementary medicine, critical care, pet health insurance, and toxicology reflect advances in veterinary technology.
- NEW! Review questions throughout text help you to understand and retain core concepts.
Part One: Foundations of Veterinary Practice
1. Overview of Veterinary Technology 2. Ethical, Legal, and Safety Issues in Veterinary Medicine 3. Practice Management 4. Effective Communication in Veterinary Practice 5. Medical Terminology
Part Two: Veterinary Diagnostics
6. Diagnostic Imaging 7. Hematology and Hemostasis 8. Clinical Chemistry and Serology 9. Microbiology, Cytology, and Urinalysis 10. Parasitology
Part Three: Veterinary Therapeutics
11. Pharmacology and Pharmacy 12. Pathology, Response to Disease, and Preventive Medicine 13. Management of Wounds, Fractures, and Other Injuries 14. Anesthesia, Analgesia, and Anesthetic Nursing 15. Principles of Surgical Nursing 16. Fluid Therapy and Blood Transfusion 17. Emergency and Critical Care 18. Dentistry 19. Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Complementary Medicine
Part Four: Animal Care and Husbandry
20. Animal Behavior 21. Physical Restraint 22. Patient History and Physical Examination 23. Nutrition 24. Nursing Care of Dogs and Cats 25. Nursing Care of Horses 26. Nursing Care of Food Animals, Camelids, and Ratites 27. Nursing Care of Companion Birds, Reptiles, and Amphibians 28. Nursing Care of Orphaned and Injured Wild Animals 29. Nursing Care of Laboratory Animals
Margi Sirois, EdD, MS, RVT, CVT, LAT, VTES, Consultant