Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card) and eLabs for Anatomy & Physiology (Access Code) Package,9th Edition
Effectively master various physiology, dissection, identification, and anatomic explorations in the laboratory setting with the Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual, 9th Edition. This practical, full-color lab manual contains 55 different A&P lab exercises that cover labeling anatomy identification, dissection, physiological experiments, computerized experiments, and more. The manual also includes safety tips, a comprehensive instruction and preparation guide for the laboratory, and tear-out worksheets for each of the 55 exercises. In addition, 8 e-Lab modules offer authentic 3D lab experiences online for virtual lab instruction.
- 8 interactive eLabs further your laboratory experience in the digital environment.
- Complete list of materials for each exercise offers a thorough checklist for planning and setting up laboratory activities.
- Over 250 illustrations depict proper procedures and common histology slides.
- Step-by-step guidance for dissection of anatomical models and fresh or preserved specimens, with accompanying illustrations, helps you become acclimated to the lab environment.
- Physiology experiments centering on functional processes of the human body offer immediate and exciting examples of physiological concepts.
- Easy-to-evaluate, tear-out lab reports contain checklists, drawing exercises, and questions that help you demonstrate your understanding of the labs they have participated in.
- Reader-friendly spiral binding allows for hands-free viewing in the lab setting.
- Labeling and coloring exercises provide opportunities to identify critical structures examined in the lab and lectures.
- Brief learning aids such as Hints, Landmark Characteristics, and Safety First! are found throughout the manual to help reinforce and apply knowledge of anatomy and function.
- Modern anatomical imaging techniques, such as MRIs, CTs, and ultrasonography, are introduced where appropriate.
- Boxed hints and safety tips provide you with special insights on handling specimens, using equipment, and managing lab activities.
- UPDATED! Fresh activities keep the manual current and ensure a strong connection with the new edition of the A&P textbook.
- NEW! Updated illustrations and design offer a fresh and upbeat look for the full-color design and learning objectives.
- NEW! Expanded and improved student resources on the Evolve companion website include a new version of the Body Spectrum electronic coloring book.
1. Organization of the body
2. Dissection: The whole body
3. The Microscope
4. Cell Anatomy
5. Transport through Cell Membranes
6. The Cell's Life Cycle
7. Epithelial Tissue
8. Connective Tissue
9. Muscle and Nerve Tissue
SUPPORT AND MOVEMENT
10. The Skin
11. Overview of the Skeleton
12. The Skull
13. The Vertebral Column and Thoracic Cage
14. The Upper Extremities
15. The Lower Extremities
17. Organization of the Muscular System
18. Skeletal Muscle Identification
19. Dissection: Skeletal Muscles
20. Skeletal Muscle Contractions
INTEGRATION AND CONTROL
21. Nerve Tissue
22. Nerve Reflexes
23. The Spinal Cord and Spinal Nerves
24. The Brain and Cranial Nerves
25. The Dissection: The Brain
26. Somatic Senses
27. Senses of Taste and Smell
28. The Ear
29. Hearing and Equilibrium
30. The Eye
31. Visual Function
32. Endocrine Glands
REGULATION AND MAINTENANCE
35. Structure of the Heart
36. Electrical Activity of the Heart
37. The Pulse and Blood Pressure
38. The Circulatory Pathway
39. The Lymphatic System
40. Dissection: Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
41. Respiratory Structures
42. Dissection: Respiratory System
43. Pulmonary Volumes and Capacities
44. Digestive Structures
45. Dissection: Digestive System
46. Enzymes and Digestion
47. Urinary Structures
48. Dissection: Urinary System
50. The Male Reproductive System
51. The Female Reproductive System
52. Dissection: Reproductive Systems
54. Genetics and Heredity
55. The Whole Body
Lab Report Supplement
Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction, New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, New York; Professor Emeritus of Life Sciences, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, Missouri; Assistant Professor Emeritus of Physiology, Course Director Emeritus in Human Physiology, St. Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, Missouri, USA