Study Guide for Fundamentals of Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),
Introducing Yoost and Crawford’s Study Guide for Fundamentals of Nursing: Active Learning for Collaborative Practice — an essential new study tool for success in nursing fundamentals. Keyed chapter-by-chapter to the text, this handy resource features study group discussion questions and review questions for each chapter that make learning key chapter objectives fun. And with printable Skills Performance checklists on Evolve and answers to all review questions at the end of the study guide, it will enhance your learning of difficult skills and concepts.
- Enhances comprehension of material from every chapter in Fundamentals of Nursing: Active Learning for Collaborative Practice.
- Chapter review questions, including multiple choice, matching, true-false, completion, image labeling and more, make learning key chapter objectives fun.
- Practice Situations in each chapter provide a case study and questions to answer.
- Study group review questions for each chapter enhance learning of difficult concepts.
- Skills Performance checklists, updated to match the latest versions of skills, are interactive, printable, and available on Evolve.
- Answers to all review questions at the end of the study guide help you master the fundamentals of nursing.
Unit I: Nursing Basics 1. Nursing, Theory, and Professional Practice 2. Values, Beliefs, and Caring 3. Communication 4. Critical Thinking in Nursing Unit II: Nursing Process 5. Introduction to the Nursing Process 6. Assessment 7. Nursing Diagnosis 8. Planning 9. Implementation and Evaluation Unit III: Nursing Practice 10. Documentation, Electronic Health Records, and Reporting 11. Ethical and Legal Considerations 12. Leadership and Management 13. Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research 14. Health Literacy and Patient Education 15. Nursing Informatics 16. Health and Wellness Unit IV: Nursing Assessment 17. Human Development: Conception Through Adolescence 18. Human Development: Young Adult Through Older Adult 19. Vital Signs 20. Health History and Physical Assessment 21. Ethnicity and Cultural Assessment 22. Spiritual Health 23. Public Health, Community-based, and Home Health Care 24. Human Sexuality Unit V: Nursing Principles 25. Safety 26. Asepsis and Infection Control 27. Hygiene and Personal Care 28. Activity, Immobility, and Safe Movement 29. Skin Integrity and Wound Care 30. Nutrition 31. Cognitive and Sensory Alterations 32. Stress and Coping 33. Sleep Unit VI: Nursing Care 34. Diagnostic Testing 35. Medication Administration 36. Pain Management 37. Perioperative Nursing Care 38. Oxygenation and Tissue Perfusion 39. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance 40. Bowel Elimination 41. Urinary Elimination 42. Death and Loss
Appendix A: Abbreviations, Roots, Prefixes, and Suffixes Appendix B: NANDA-I Diagnostic Labels Appendix C: NCLEX-Style Question Study Tips
Barbara L Yoost, Lynne R Crawford and Patricia Castaldi, DNP, RN, Director, Practical Nursing Program, Union County College; Plainfield, NJ