Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for McCurnin's Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians (Access Card), 8th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to McCurnin's Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians, 8th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exams preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Module One: Veterinary Technology: An Overview
1. Introduction to Veterinary Technology: Its Laws and Ethics
2. Veterinary Practice Management
3. Written and Digital Medical Records
4. Occupational Health and Safety in Veterinary Hospitals
Module Two: Patient Management and Nutrition
5. Animal Behavior
6. Restraint and Handling of Animals
7. History and Physical Examination
8. Preventive Health Programs
9. Companion Animal Nutrition
10. Large Animal Nutrition
11. Animal Reproduction
Module Three: Clinical Sciences
12. Hematology, Cytology
13. Clinical Chemistry, Serology and Urinalysis
15. Clinical Microbiology
16. Diagnostic Imaging
17. Basic Necropsy Procedures
Module Four: Medical Nursing
18. Diagnostic Sampling and Treatment Techniques
19. Small Animal Medical Nursing
20. Large Animal Medical Nursing
21. Neonatal Care of Puppy, Kitten, and Foal
22. Care of Birds, Reptiles and Small Mammals
23. Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Alternative Medical Nursing
Module Five: Emergency and Critical Care
24. Fluid Therapy and Transfusion Medicine
25. Emergency & Critical Care Nursing
26. Wound Management and Bandaging
Module Six: Anesthesia, Analgesia and Pharmacology
27. Pharmacology and Pharmacy
28. Pain Management
29. Veterinary Anesthesia
Module Seven: Surgical Nursing
30. Surgical instruments and Aseptic Technique
31. Surgical Assistance and Suture Material
32. Small Animal Surgical Nursing
33. Large Animal Surgical Nursing
34. Veterinary Dentistry
Module Eight: End of Life
35. Geriatric and Hospice Care: Supporting the Aged and Dying Patient
36. The Human Animal Bond and Euthanasia
Joanna M. Bassert, VMD, Professor and Director, Program of Veterinary Technology, Manor College, Jenkintown, PA and John Thomas, DVM, Assistant Professor, Veterinary Technology, Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, OH