McCurnin's Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians - Text and Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing Package, 8th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to McCurnin's Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians, 8th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the summative exams examination.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exams preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Module One: Veterinary Technology: An Overview 1. Introduction to Veterinary Technology: Its Laws and Ethics 2. Veterinary Practice Management 3. Written and Digital Medical Records 4. Occupational Health and Safety in Veterinary Hospitals Module Two: Patient Management and Nutrition 5. Animal Behavior 6. Restraint and Handling of Animals 7. History and Physical Examination 8. Preventive Health Programs 9. Companion Animal Nutrition 10. Large Animal Nutrition 11. Animal Reproduction Module Three: Clinical Sciences 12. Hematology, Cytology 13. Clinical Chemistry, Serology and Urinalysis 14. Parasitology 15. Clinical Microbiology 16. Diagnostic Imaging 17. Basic Necropsy Procedures Module Four: Medical Nursing 18. Diagnostic Sampling and Treatment Techniques 19. Small Animal Medical Nursing 20. Large Animal Medical Nursing 21. Neonatal Care of Puppy, Kitten, and Foal 22. Care of Birds, Reptiles and Small Mammals 23. Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Alternative Medical Nursing Module Five: Emergency and Critical Care 24. Fluid Therapy and Transfusion Medicine 25. Emergency & Critical Care Nursing 26. Wound Management and Bandaging Module Six: Anesthesia, Analgesia and Pharmacology 27. Pharmacology and Pharmacy 28. Pain Management 29. Veterinary Anesthesia Module Seven: Surgical Nursing 30. Surgical instruments and Aseptic Technique 31. Surgical Assistance and Suture Material 32. Small Animal Surgical Nursing 33. Large Animal Surgical Nursing 34. Veterinary Dentistry Module Eight: End of Life 35. Geriatric and Hospice Care: Supporting the Aged and Dying Patient 36. The Human Animal Bond and Euthanasia
Joanna M. Bassert, VMD, Professor and Director, Program of Veterinary Technology, Manor College, Jenkintown, PA and John Thomas, DVM, Assistant Professor, Veterinary Technology, Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, OH