Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for The Human Body in Health and Disease (Access Card), 6th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to The Human Body in Health & Disease - Softcover, 6th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exams preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
1. An Introduction to the Structure and Function of the Body
2. Chemistry of Life
5. Organ Systems of the Body
6. Mechanisms of Disease
7. The Integumentary System and Body Membranes
8. The Skeletal System
9. The Muscular System
10. The Nervous System
11. The Senses
12. The Endocrine System
14. The Heart
15. The Circulation of the Blood
16. The Lymphatic System and Immunity
17. The Respiratory System
18. The Digestive System
19. Nutrition and Metabolism
20. The Urinary System
21. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
22. Acid-Base Balance
23. The Reproductive Systems
24. Growth and Development
25. Genetics and Genetic Diseases
Appendix A: Examples of Pathological Conditions
Appendix B: Medical Terminology
Appendix C: Clinical and Laboratory Values
Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, MO, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (adjunct), New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY, Emeritus Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO and Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI