Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for The Human Body in Health and Disease (eCommerce Version), 6th Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing - Next Generation
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to The Human Body in Health & Disease, 6th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing (EAQ) is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. EAQ is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might be overconfident and require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, summary tables, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- Engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you can navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
1. An Introduction to the Structure and Function of the Body
2. Chemistry of Life
5. Organ Systems of the Body
6. Mechanisms of Disease
7. The Integumentary System and Body Membranes
8. The Skeletal System
9. The Muscular System
10. The Nervous System
11. The Senses
12. The Endocrine System
14. The Heart
15. The Circulation of the Blood
16. The Lymphatic System and Immunity
17. The Respiratory System
18. The Digestive System
19. Nutrition and Metabolism
20. The Urinary System
21. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
22. Acid-Base Balance
23. The Reproductive Systems
24. Growth and Development
25. Genetics and Genetic Diseases
Appendix A: Examples of Pathological Conditions
Appendix B: Medical Terminology
Appendix C: Clinical and Laboratory Values
Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction, Northeast College of Health Sciences, Seneca Falls, New York; Professor Emeritus of Life Sciences, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, Missouri; Assistant Professor Emeritus of Physiology, Course Director Emeritus in Human Physiology, St. Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, Missouri, USA and Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, Wisconsin, USA