Medical Terminology Online with Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Quick & Easy Medical Terminology, 8th Edition
Reinforce your medical terminology text with interactive online learning! Medical Terminology Online (MTO) provides supplementary content and engaging exercises to help students master the medical vocabulary presented in Peggy Leonard's Quick & Easy Medical Terminology, 8th Edition. Now with Elsevier Adaptive Learning accessible within the modules, MTO allows students to learn faster by delivering content precisely when it’s needed; and it’s constantly tracking student performance! Corresponding to the chapters in the textbook, dynamic online modules include narrated animations, audio reviews, games and a variety of interactive activities to demonstrate the meaning and use of common medical terms. Not only will students reinforce their understanding of medical language, but they will also learn to apply medical terms to the clinical setting. Now enhanced with gradable case studies, assessments, and EAL assignments that report directly to an LMS gradebook.
Some content has been removed from this site because Flash is no longer supported on web browsers.
- Outcome-based learning includes objectives for each module, with an assessment quiz after each section to determine whether students have achieved the desired outcome/objective.
- Interactive exercises help students recall and recognize medical terms with word building, identification, spelling, pronunciation, matching, multiple choice, true or false, fill-in-blank, labeling, and case studies.
- NEW! Hundreds of new anatomy, disease, and disorder illustrations reinforce learning.
- Medical records activities help students become familiar with entries and terminology in the medical record.
- End-of-module exams assess student mastery of the material, with scores automatically sent to the instructor.
- Glossary of over 5,500 terms provides one-click access to definitions and pronunciations in English and Spanish.
- Implementation manual links this course to The Language of Medicine, 11th Edition and other ancillaries, and provides you with everything needed to teach an online course.
- Course management software makes it easy to set up and deliver this course even if you have no online teaching experience.
- NEW! Case studies and EAL assignments that feed the LMS gradebook.
- UNIQUE! With Elsevier Adaptive Learning each student’s memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning patterns.
- A robust educator dashboard offers at-a-glance access to data on individual and group knowledge usage and retention at the course and item level that can be used to modify lectures or class activities accordingly. EAL assignments are gradable as well.
- NEW! Audio reviews after each lesson provide students - particularly distance learners - the opportunity to hear terminology in context.
- NEW Listen and Choose activity allows students to practice aural recognition of terminology in context.
- NEW games offer a fun review of terminology.
- NEW animations bring medical terminology to life and helps in visualizing physiologic, pathologic, and procedural concepts.
- NEW list of audio terms at the end of modules provides a quick, easy review of pronunciation.
Peggy C. Leonard, MT, MEd
This product is available in the following formats: