Medical Terminology Online with Elsevier Adaptive Learning for The Language of Medicine (Access Card), 11th Edition
Corresponding to the chapters in Chabner's The Language of Medicine, 11th Edition, Medical Terminology Online, now with Elsevier Adaptive Learning accessible within the modules, provides supplemental content, animations, audio reviews, games, and a variety of interactive exercises and gradable assessments to help students master medical vocabulary.
- Outcome-based learning includes objectives for each module, with an assessment quiz after each section to determine whether you have achieved the desired outcome/objective.
- Interactive exercises help you recall and recognize medical terms with word building, identification, spelling, pronunciation, matching, multiple choice, true or false, fill-in-blank, labeling, and case studies.
- Over 1000 illustrations of anatomy, disease, and disorders reinforce learning with many more illustrations than are included in the textbook.
- Medical records activities help you become familiar with entries and terminology in the medical record.
- End-of-module exams assess your mastery of the material, with scores automatically sent to the instructor.
- Glossary of over 6,000 terms provides one-click access to definitions and pronunciations in English and Spanish.
- NEW! Case studies and EAL assignments that feed the LMS gradebook.
- UNIQUE! With Elsevier Adaptive Learning each student’s memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning patterns.
- A robust educator dashboard offers at-a-glance access to data on individual and group knowledge usage and retention at the course and item level that can be used to modify lectures or class activities accordingly. EAL assignments are gradable as well.
- NEW! Audio reviews after each lesson provide students - particularly distance learners - the opportunity to hear terminology in context.
- NEW Listen and Choose activity allows students to practice aural recognition of terminology in context.
- NEW games offer a fun review of terminology.
- NEW animations bring medical terminology to life and helps in visualizing physiologic, pathologic, and procedural concepts.
- NEW list of audio terms at the end of modules provides a quick, easy review of pronunciation.
Module 1: Basic Word Structure
Module 2: Terms Pertaining to the Body as a Whole
Module 3: Suffixes
Module 4: Prefixes
Module 5: Digestive System
Module 6: Additional Suffixes and Digestive System Terminology
Module 7: Urinary System
Module 8: Female Reproductive System
Module 9: Male Reproductive System
Module 10: Nervous System
Module 11: Cardiovascular System
Module 12: Respiratory System
Module 13: Blood System
Module 14: Lymphatic/Immune System
Module 15: Musculoskeletal System
Module 16: Skin
Module 17: Sense Organs: Eye and Ear
Module 18: Endocrine System
Module 19: Cancer Medicine (Oncology)
Module 20: Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
Module 21: Pharmacology
Module 22: Psychiatry
Davi-Ellen Chabner, BA, MAT, Newton Centre, MA