Community/Public Health Nursing Online for Stanhope and Lancaster, Public Health Nursing (Access Card), 9th Edition
Online Course - Access Card
Bring community and public health situations to life with Community/Public Health Nursing Online! With reading assignments corresponding to the content in Stanhope and Lancaster’s Public Health Nursing, 9th Edition textbook, this online course provides the solid foundation and basic skills that a community health nurse needs for population-focused practice. Realistic case scenarios and learning activities help to improve your decision-making and critical thinking skills. Fourteen modules are included, each with learning objectives, a reading assignment, case scenarios with learning activities, an assessment quiz, and critical thinking exercises.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- 14 modules cover the core concepts of community/public health nursing, with each module containing 2-3 case scenarios that apply content from the textbook to the real world.
- Reading assignments tie the learning modules to specific areas of the text.
- Case scenarios, videos, and photos provide a realistic portrayal of the roles and responsibilities of a community/public health nurse.
- Learning activities include engaging exercises such as matching, multiple-choice, and short-answer questions to test your knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Immediate feedback on all activities reinforces understanding and helps you master course content.
- An assessment quiz in every module helps to evaluate your knowledge of the content and reinforce classroom assignments.
- Web links offer opportunities for further research.
Course Introduction: Looking Upstream
Unit One: The Foundations of Community/Public Health Nursing
1. Community/Public Health Nursing: Population-Focused Practice
2. Health Care Systems
3. Economics of Health Care Delivery
Unit Two: Essential Skills of Community/Public Health Nursing
4. Community Assessment
6. Nursing Process in the Community
7. Community Health Promotion
8. Health Education
Unit Three: Community/Public Health Nursing in Context
9. Family Health
10. Environmental Health
11. Ethical and Legal Challenges in the Community
12. Vulnerable Populations
13. Disaster Management
14. The Future of Community/Public Health Nursing
Marcia Stanhope, PhD, RN, FAAN, Education and Practice Consultant and Professor Emerita
College of Nursing
University of Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky and Jeanette Lancaster, PhD, RN, FAAN, Sadie Heath Cabiness Professor and Dean Emerita
School of Nursing
University of Virginia
Associate, Tuft & Associates, Inc.