Study Guide for Medical-Surgical Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 10th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Prepare for success in the classroom! Corresponding to the chapters in the 10th edition of Lewis' market-leading text Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, this study guide offers a complete review of content and a wide range of activities to help you understand key nursing concepts. Alternate item format questions reflect the most current NCLEX test plan. And to make studying easier, answers for all exercises are included in the back of the book.
- A wide variety of clinically relevant exercises and activities, including NCLEX examination-style multiple-choice questions, prioritization and delegation questions, and case studies, help you learn the material.
- Answers to all questions in the back of the book provide you with immediate feedback as you study.
- Additional alternate item format questions prepare you for the most current NCLEX exam.
- NEW! Attractive four-color design ties the study guide to the textbook.
Section One – Concepts in Nursing Practice
1. Professional Nursing Practice 2. Health Disparities and Culturally Competent Care 3. Health History and Physical Examination 4. Patient and Caregiver Teaching 5. Chronic Illness and Older Adults 6. Stress and Stress Management 7. Sleep and Sleep Disorders 8. Pain 9. Palliative Care at End of Life 10. Substance Abuse
Section Two – Pathophysiologic Mechanisms of Disease 11. Inflammation and Wound Healing 12. Genetics and Genomics 13. Altered Immune Responses and Transplantation 14. Infection 15. Cancer 16. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
Section Three – Perioperative Care
17. Preoperative Care 18. Intraoperative Care 19. Postoperative Care Section Four – Problems Related to Altered Sensory Input
20. Assessment of Visual and Auditory Systems 21. Visual and Auditory Problems 22. Assessment of Integumentary System 23. Integumentary Problems 24. Burns
Section Five – Problems of Oxygenation: Ventilation
25. Assessment of Respiratory System 26. Upper Respiratory Problems 27. Lower Respiratory Problems 28. Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases
Section Six – Problems of Oxygenation: Transport
29. Assessment of Hematologic System 30. Hematologic Problems
Section Seven – Problems of Oxygenation: Perfusion
31. Assessment of Cardiovascular System 32. Hypertension 33. Coronary Artery Disease and Acute Coronary Syndrome 34. Heart Failure 35. Dysrhythmias 36. Inflammatory and Structural Heart Disorders 37. Vascular Disorders
Section Eight – Problems of Ingestion, Digestion, Absorption, and Elimination
38. Assessment of Gastrointestinal System 39. Nutritional Problems 40. Obesity 41. Upper Gastrointestinal Problems 42. Lower Gastrointestinal Problems 43. Liver, Pancreas, and Biliary Tract Problems
Section Nine – Problems of Urinary Function
44. Assessment of Urinary System 45. Renal and Urologic Problems 46. Acute Renal Failure and Chronic Kidney Disease
Section Ten – Problems Related to Regulatory and Reproductive Mechanisms
47. Assessment of Endocrine System 48. Diabetes Mellitus 49. Endocrine Problems 50. Reproductive System 51. Breast Disorders 52. Sexually Transmitted Infections 53. Female Reproductive Problems 54. Male Reproductive Problems
Section Eleven – Problems Related to Movement and Coordination
55. Assessment of Nervous System 56. Acute Intracranial Problems 57. Stroke 58. Chronic Neurologic Problems 59. Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia 60. Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nerve Problems 61. Assessment of Musculoskeletal System 62. Musculoskeletal Trauma and Orthopedic Surgery 63. Musculoskeletal Problems 64. Arthritis and Connective Tissue Diseases
Section Twelve – Nursing Care in Specialized Settings
65. Critical Care 66. Shock, Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome 67. Respiratory Failure and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome 68. Emergency, Terrorism, and Disaster Nursing Answer Key
Sharon L. Lewis, RN, PhD, FAAN, Research Professor, Castella Distinguished Professor, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, Susan A. Sandstrom, RN, MSN, BC, CNE, Associate Professor in Nursing, Retired; College of St. Mary; Omaha, Nebraska, Linda Bucher, RN, PhD, CEN, CNE, Professor, School of Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark, DE; Staff Nurse, Emergency Department, Virtua Memorial Hospital, Mt. Holly, NJ, Margaret M. Heitkemper, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor and Chairperson, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, Elizabeth Sterling Soule Endowed Chair in Nursing, School of Nursing; Adjunct Professor, Division of Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, Mariann M. Harding, PhD, RN, FAADN, CNE, Professor, Department of Nursing, Kent State University at Tuscarawas, New Philadelphia, Ohio, Jeffrey Kwong, DNP, MPH, RN, ANP-BC, FAAN, FAANP, Program Director, Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Program; Program Director, HIV Sub-specialty; Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, New York and Dottie Roberts, RN, EdD, MSN, MACI, OCNS-C, CMSRN, CNE, Instructor, University of South Carolina College of Nursing, Columbia, South Carolina