Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 3 years of online and perpetual offline access. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Develop a thorough, clinically relevant understanding of pathology through clinical vignette-style questions emphasizing problem solving over rote memorization. Single-best-answer and extended-matching formats reflect levels of difficulty that prepare you for examinations.
- Efficiently review a wide spectrum of topics with page references and a parallel organization to both Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease and Robbins Basic Pathology, making additional information easy to locate.
- Reinforce your understanding of key content with answers and detailed explanations for every question at the end of each chapter.
- Enhance your understanding of pathophysiology and integrate pathology with other medical disciplines by examining correlative laboratory, radiologic, and physical diagnostic data.
- Visualize key pathologic concepts and conditions and test your diagnostic skills with over 1,100 full-color images.
- Challenge your knowledge with a final comprehensive exam of 50 USMLE-style questions covering random topics.
- Features new questions that reflect today’s hot topics in pathology, keeping you up to date.
- Includes many new illustrations to enhance visual guidance.
- Uses a new chapter arrangement to conform to the new Table of Contents in Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 8th Edition, for easier cross referencing.
UN I T I General Pathology
1 The Cell as a Unit of Health and Disease
2 Cellular Pathology
3 Inflammation and Repair
4 Hemodynamic Disorders
5 Genetic Disorders
6 Immune System Diseases
7 Neoplastic Disorders
8 Infectious Diseases
9 Environmental and Nutritional Diseases
10 Diseases of Infancy and Childhood
U N I T II Diseases of Organ Systems
11 Blood Vessels
12 The Heart
13 Hematopathology of White Blood Cells
14 Hematopathology of Red Blood Cells and Bleeding Disorders
15 The Lung
16 Head and Neck
17 Gastrointestinal Tract
18 Liver and Biliary Tract
21 The Lower Urinary Tract and Male Genital System
22 Female Genital Tract
23 The Breast
24 The Endocrine System
25 The Skin
26 Bones, Joints, and Soft-Tissue Tumors
27 Peripheral Nerve and Skeletal Muscle
28 Central Nervous System
29 The Eye
30 Final Review and Assessment
Edward C. Klatt, MD, Professor of Pathology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Director, Biomedical Education Program, Mercer University School of Medicine, Savannah, Georgia and Vinay Kumar, MBBS, MD, FRCPath, Alice Hogge and Arthur A. Baer Distinguished Service Professor of Pathology, Biologic Sciences Division and the Pritzker Medical School, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA