Fundamentals of Nursing - Text and Elsevier Adaptive Learning (Access Card) Package,
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Fundamentals of Nursing, 1st Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Please refer to the individual product pages for the duration of access to these products.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Unit I: Nursing Basics 1. Nursing, Theory, and Professional Practice 2. Values, Beliefs, and Caring 3. Communication 4. Critical Thinking in Nursing
Unit II: Nursing Process 5. Introduction to the Nursing Process 6. Assessment 7. Nursing Diagnosis 8. Planning 9. Implementation and Evaluation
Unit III: Nursing Practice 10. Documentation, Electronic Health Records, and Reporting 11. Ethical and Legal Considerations 12. Leadership and Management 13. Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research 14. Health Literacy and Patient Education 15. Nursing Informatics 16. Health and Wellness
Unit IV: Nursing Assessment 17. Human Development: Conception through Adolescence 18. Human Development: Young Adult through Older Adult 19. Vital Signs 20. Health History and Physical Assessment 21. Ethnicity and Cultural Assessment 22. Spiritual Health 23. Public Health, Community-based, and Home Health Care 24. Human Sexuality
Unit V: Nursing Principles 25. Safety 26. Asepsis and Infection Control 27. Hygiene and Personal Care 28. Activity, Immobility, and Safe Movement 29. Skin Integrity and Wound Care 30. Nutrition 31. Cognitive and Sensory Alterations 32. Stress and Coping 33. Sleep
Unit VI: Nursing Care 34. Diagnostic Testing 35. Medication Administration 36. Pain Management 37. Perioperative Nursing Care 38. Oxygenation and Tissue Perfusion 39. Fluid, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base Balance 40. Bowel Elimination 41. Urinary Elimination 42. Death and Loss
Glossary Appendix A: Abbreviations, Roots, Prefixes and Suffixes Appendix B: NANDA-I Diagnostic Labels Appendix C: NCLEX-Style Question Study Tips
Barbara L Yoost and Lynne R Crawford