Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2016 Edition,
Learn and practice medical coding anytime, anywhere with Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2016 Edition! Reinforcing concepts from Carol J. Buck’s Step-by-Step text, this complete online coding course offers convenient self-study and assessment, including the latest coverage of reimbursement, ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding. Interactive lessons incorporate animations, photographs, drawings, narrated slide shows, case-based exercises, pop-up definitions, and professional insights.
- Complete coverage of ICD-10-CM provides plenty of practice with the new code set.
- Over 125 illustrations including medical procedures and conditions that help you understand the services being coded
- Interactive review exercises in each chapter include a special case-based coding activity, including sequencing, as well as matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and true/false questions.
- Real-world coding reports (cleared of all confidential information) simulate the reports you will encounter as a coder and help you apply coding principles to actual cases.
- Synopses of textbook lessons in each online chapter reinforce learning and serve as helpful review tools.
- From the Trenches boxes offer valuable tips and helpful advice for working in today’s medical coding field.
- Automatically scored exams measure your mastery of chapter content.
- Definitions for 650 terms may be accessed with a single click, through links to the glossary.
- Hyperlinks connect you to related websites and other Elsevier resources for enhanced learning.
- UPDATED content includes the latest coding information available, promoting accurate coding and success on the job.
- NEW! Separate HCPCS chapter provides additional practice and focus on the HCPCS code set.
- NEW animations in CPT chapters improve your understanding of important coding concepts.
1. Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance
2. An Overview of ICD-10-CM
3. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
4. Using ICD-10-CM
5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
7. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
8. Introduction to CPT
9. Introduction to the Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
11. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
13. Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
14. Integumentary System
15. Musculoskeletal System
16. Respiratory System
17. Cardiovascular System
18. Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
19. Digestive System
20. Urinary and Male Genital Systems
21. Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, Maternity Care and Delivery
22. Endocrine and Nervous Systems
23. Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
27. Inpatient Coding
Online Course Updates
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN