Misch's Avoiding Complications in Oral Implantology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
See how to effectively manage ALL dental implant complications throughout ALL phases of treatment! Avoiding Complications in Oral Implantology provides evidence-based management protocols for a wide range of implant problems such as placement complications, malpositioning, bleeding, infection, and nerve injuries. Hundreds of high-quality, full-color photos and illustrations clearly demonstrate the complications and their resolution. Edited by Carl Misch and Randolph Resnik — both well-known names in dental implantology and prosthodontics — and with a team of expert contributors, this authoritative guide helps you handle the implant-related complications that can occur as more and more patients choose dental implants.
- Expert authors are joined by a panel of recognized leaders in implant dentistry — many of whom are associated with the Misch International Implant Institute — to share their extensive experience with handling complications through all phases of treatment.
- Comprehensive approach to complications that occur in the different phases of oral implantology provides the knowledge and skills you need to handle treatment planning, implant placement, post-operative complications, prostheses-related complications, and more.
- Over 1,000 images include full-color clinical photographs, radiographs, line drawings, and diagrams, clearly demonstrating complications, procedures, and outcomes.
- Management protocols developed by world-renowned dental implantologists provide a proven system and authoritative guidance in managing complications with dental implants.
- Evidence-based solutions make it easier to manage a wide variety of clinical problems associated with dental implants, with state-of-the-art guidance supported by the best available research.
1. Classification of Complications (Unavoidable and Avoidable)
2. Medication Complications in Oral Implantology
3. Treatment Planning Complications
4. Radiographic Complications and Evaluation
5. Dental Implant Intraoperative Complications
6. Ideal Implant Positioning
7. Intra-Operative Complications: Bleeding
8. Intra-Operative Complications: Infection
9. Neurosensory Deficit Complications in Implant Dentistry
10. Post-Operative Complications
11. Wound Dehiscence: Incision Line Opening
12. Bone Grafting
13. Posterior Maxilla Sinus Grafting
14. Immediate Implant Placement Complications
15. Removable Implant Complications
16. Fixed Prosthodontics
17. Occlusion Complications
18. Periodontal Complications
19. Medical-Legal Aspects of Implant Dentistry
Carl E. Misch, DDS, MDS, PhD(HC), Clinical Professor and Director, Oral Implant Dentistry, Temple University, Kornberg School of Dentistry, Department of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, Philadelphia, PA; Clinical Professor, University of Michigan, School of Dentistry, Department of Periodontics/Geriatrics, Ann Arbor, MI; Adjunct Professor, University of Detroit, School of Dentistry, Department of Restorative Dentistry, Detroit, MI; Adjunct Professor, University of Alabama at Birmingham, School of Engineering, Birmingham, AL; Founder, Misch International Implant Institute, Beverly Hills, MI and Randolph Resnik, DMD, MDS