Textbook of Histology Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),4th Edition
Thoroughly updated to reflect all of the latest concepts and advances in the field, this concise, extensively illustrated text presents the basic science and clinical application of cellular and molecular biology. Functioning as a combined text and atlas, it is essentially two books for the price of one providing a comprehensive, visually engaging histology education from the ground up. Illustrations, tables, PowerPoint™ presentations, chapter summaries and multiple choice questions facilitate comprehension of concepts, and clinical correlations underscore the practical relevance of the material.
- Superb illustrations—including photomicrographs, electron micrographs, schematic diagrams and drawings—provide a visual grasp and easier retention of difficult concepts.
- Online PowerPoint™ slides, prepared by the author, offer a convenient way to review the most essential information from the text.
- Clinical correlations throughout the text demonstrate clinical applications and reinforce the idea that histology is pertinent not only to pathology and physiology, but in fact comprises one of the essential bases of clinical practice.
- New! "Pathological Considerations" section at the end of each chapter.
- Helpful tables provide an at-a-glance summary statement of key points.
- Bolded key terms, bulleted lists and chapter summaries emphasize the "need to know" information in every chapter.
- A combination of USMLE-style questions and image based questions in each chapter.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1. Introduction to Histology and Basic Histological Techniques
4. Extracellular Matrix
5. Epithelium and Glands
6. Connective Tissue
7. Cartilage and Bone
10. Blood and Hemopoiesis
11. Circulatory System
12. Lymphoid (Immune) System
13. Endocrine System
15. Respiratory System
16. Digestive System: Oral Cavity
17. Digestive System: Alimentary Canal
18. Digestive System: Glands
19. Urinary System
20. Female Reproductive System
21. Male Reproductive System
22. Special Senses
Leslie P. Gartner, PhD, Professor of Anatomy (Ret.), Department of Biomedical Sciences, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland