Clinical Skills: Oncology Collection (Access Card)
Clinical Skills Online - Access Card
Learn to master the most important nursing skills before you ever step foot in the clinical environment. Clinical Skills: Oncology Collection is an engaging, web-based learning tool that guides users through more than 70 of the most important oncology nursing skills. Each skill in the collection uses the same seven-part framework to walk you through every aspect of the skill. From special patient and safety considerations to the equipment and techniques used in the skill, this assembly of animations, interactive learning tools, and in-depth explanations will leave you with a 360-degree understanding of how to safely and effectively perform each skill.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Convenient web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practicing nurses use to train.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills offers a standardized way for you to learn and perform skills. Most skills feature the same types of skill learning tools to help you obtain a more holistic understanding of the skill and standard QSEN nursing competencies.
- Quick sheet provides a concise, step-by-step summary of the skill.
- Extended text offers an in-depth look at all aspects of the skill. Subjects addressed in the extended text section include:
- Safety alerts
- Patient and family education
- Delegation opportunities
- Monitoring and care
- Expected and unexpected outcomes
- Documentation guidelines
- Special gerontologic, pediatric, and home care considerations
- Evidence-based references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Equipment list helps to familiarize you with each piece of equipment needed to perform the skill.
- Demonstration animations visually guide you through every necessary step involved in the skill.
- Images and illustrations highlight crucial procedures, equipment, and documents involved in the skill.
- Competency tests with rationales help you review and evaluate your understanding of the skill.
- Printable evaluation checklists help you measure and track various skill competencies.
Up-to-date, evidence-based content is reviewed and revised annually by clinical skills experts to reflect changes in practice as they arise.
CLINICAL SKILLS: ONCOLOGY COLLECTION
Acute Graft-Versus-Host Disease Management Advance Directive Discussion Alopecia Management Anemia Management Anorexia and Cachexia Management Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Education for Safe Handling in the Home Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Intraoperative Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Intraperitoneal Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Intrathecal Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Oral Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Oral Therapy Education Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Pretreatment Assessment, Initial and Subsequent Cycles Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Pretreatment Verification Antineoplastic Drug Administration: Vesicant and Irritant Agents Antineoplastic Therapy: Dermatologic Adverse Events Management Antineoplastic Therapy: Late or Long-Term Effects Education Antineoplastic Therapy: Oral Adherence Education Antineoplastic Therapy: Sexual Adverse Effects Management Bowel Obstruction Management Cancer Detection Guidelines Education Cardiac Tamponade Management Cardiac Toxicity Management Central Venous Catheter: Infection Prevention Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy Management Clinical Trials Education Complementary, Alternative, and Integrative Therapies Constipation Management Containment of Hazardous Medication Spills Depression Management Diarrhea Management Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (DIC) Management Distress Management for Patients Newly Diagnosed with Cancer and Their Families Dysphagia Management Dyspnea Management End-Of-Life Discussions Esophagitis Management Fatigue Management Febrile Neutropenia Management Genetic Pedigree Education Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome Management Hepatotoxicity Management Hiccups Management Hot Flashes Management Hypercalcemia of Malignancy Management Hypersensitivity Reactions Management Hyperuricemia Management Infection Management Infection Prevention for Patients with Neutropenia Lymphedema Management Malignant Pleural Effusion Management Mucositis Management Nausea and Vomiting Management Neurocognitive Dysfunction Management Noisy Respirations at End of Life: Management Ocular Toxicity Management Oral Compliance of Chemotherapy, Biotherapy, and Hormonal Agents Osteoporosis Management Pain Management Primary Cancer Prevention Education Pulmonary Toxicity Management Radiation Pneumonitis Management Radiation Therapy Assessment Radiation Therapy Education Safe Handling of Hazardous Medications Sexual Alterations Management Spinal Cord Compression Management Superior Vena Cava Syndrome Management Survivorship Management Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone (SIADH) Management Targeted Therapies and Immunotherapy: General Principles Thrombocytopenia Management Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Management Tumor Lysis Syndrome Management Venous Thromboembolism Management Xerostomia Management