Clinical Skills: Neonatal Collection
Clinical Skills Online
Learn to master the most important nursing skills before you ever step foot in the clinical environment. Clinical Skills: Neonatal Collection is an engaging, web-based learning tool that guides users through more than 55 of the most important neonatal nursing skills. Each skill in the collection uses the same seven-part framework to walk you through every aspect of the skill. From special patient and safety considerations to the equipment and techniques used in the skill, this assembly of animations, interactive learning tools, and in-depth explanations will leave you with a 360-degree understanding of how to safely and effectively perform each skill.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Convenient web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practicing nurses use to train.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills offers a standardized way for you to learn and perform skills. Most skills feature the same types of skill learning tools to help you obtain a more holistic understanding of the skill and standard QSEN nursing competencies.
- Quick sheet provides a concise, step-by-step summary of the skill.
- Extended text offers an in-depth look at all aspects of the skill. Subjects addressed in the extended text section include:
- Safety alerts
- Patient and family education
- Delegation opportunities
- Monitoring and care
- Expected and unexpected outcomes
- Documentation guidelines
- Special gerontologic, pediatric, and home care considerations
- Evidence-based references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Equipment list helps to familiarize you with each piece of equipment needed to perform the skill.
- Demonstration animations visually guide you through every necessary step involved in the skill.
- Images and illustrations highlight crucial procedures, equipment, and documents involved in the skill.
- Competency tests with rationales help you review and evaluate your understanding of the skill.
- Printable evaluation checklists help you measure and track various skill competencies.
- Up-to-date, evidence-based content is reviewed and revised annually by clinical skills experts to reflect changes in practice as they arise.
CLINICAL SKILLS: NEONATAL COLLECTION
Abstinence Scoring Admission Assessment Amplitude-Integrated Electroencephalogram - NEW Assessment: Weight, Length, and Head Circumference - NEW Bathing Blood Product Administration (Neonatal) Blood Specimen Collection: Venipuncture Breast Milk: Collection, Storage, and Administration Central Venous Catheter: Blood Sampling Central Venous Catheter: Insertion and Removal Central Venous Catheter: Maintenance and Dressing Change Chest Tube Insertion Chest Tube Insertion Pigtail Catheter: Advanced Practice Chest Tube Insertion: Advanced Practice Chest Tube Removal Chest Tube Removal: Advanced Practice Chest Tube: Closed Drainage System Delivery Room Assessment and Stabilization of the Preterm Infant Developmental Care Endotracheal Tube Extubation Endotracheal Tube Intubation: Advanced Practice Endotracheal Tube Intubation: Assisting Endotracheal Tube: Closed Suctioning Endotracheal Tube: Open Suctioning Endotracheal Tube: Securing Endotracheal Tube: Skin and Oral Care Exchange Transfusions Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Eye Examinations Feeding Tube: Enteral Nutrition Heel Stick Intravenous Therapy: Line Insertion Lumbar Puncture Lumbar Puncture: Advanced Practice Mechanical Ventilation Needle Thoracostomy: Advanced Practice Ostomy Care Pain Assessment and Management Patent Ductus Arteriosus Ligation Peripheral Arterial Line Placement: Advanced Practice Peripheral Arterial Lines Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Peritoneal Dialysis Positioning Pulse Oximetry Radial Artery Puncture Safe Sleep Practices Education - NEW Skin Assessment Skin-to-Skin Contact Specimen Collection from Urinary Bladder Aspiration: Advanced Practice Targeted Temperature Management - NEW Thermoregulation: Delivery Room Care, Radiant Warmers, and Double-Walled Incubators Thoracentesis: Advanced Practice Umbilical Vessel Catheter Insertion: Advanced Practice Umbilical Vessel Catheter: Drawing Blood Umbilical Vessel Catheter: Removal Umbilical Vessel Catheter: Securing, Care, and Management Urine Specimen: Female Catheterization Urine Specimen: Male Catheterization Ventilation: CPAP, NIPPV, and HFNC