Clinical Skills: Mental Health Collection (Access Card),
Learn to master the most important nursing skills before you ever step foot in the clinical environment. Clinical Skills: Mental Health Collection is an engaging, web-based learning tool that guides users through 50 of the most important mental health nursing skills. Each skill in the collection uses the same seven-part framework to walk you through every aspect of the skill. From special patient and safety considerations to the equipment and techniques used in the skill, this assembly of interactive learning tools and in-depth explanations will leave you with a 360-degree understanding of how to safely and effectively perform each skill.
- Convenient web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practicing nurses use to train.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills offers a standardized way for you to learn and perform skills. Most skills feature the same types of skill learning tools to help you obtain a more holistic understanding of the skill and standard QSEN nursing competencies.
- Quick sheet provides a concise, step-by-step summary of the skill.
- Extended text offers an in-depth look at all aspects of the skill. Subjects addressed in the extended text section include:
- Safety alerts
- Patient and family education
- Delegation opportunities
- Monitoring and care
- Expected and unexpected outcomes
- Documentation guidelines
- Special gerontologic, pediatric, and home care considerations
- Evidence-based references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Equipment list helps to familiarize you with each piece of equipment needed to perform the skill.
- Competency tests with rationales help you review and evaluate your understanding of the skill.
- Printable evaluation checklists help you measure and track various skill competencies.
- Up-to-date, evidence-based content is reviewed and revised annually by clinical skills experts to reflect changes in practice as they arise.
50 Mental Health Skills
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Mental Health)
Group Work (Mental Health)
Quiet Room (Mental Health)
Cognitive Stimulation (Mental Health)
Seclusion for Assaultive and Violent Behavior (Mental Health)
Family Education: Mental Illness
Abuse and Neglect of Older Adults
Addiction, Chemical Dependency, and Withdrawal
Anxiety: Adolescent Patients (Mental Health)
Assessment: Suicide Risk
Adolescent Suicide Risk Assessment and Precautions
Assessment: Mental Status
Assessment: Self-Harm and Aggression (Mental Health)
Assessment: Self-Harm and Aggression in Adolescent Patients (Mental Health)
Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder: Adolescent Patients (Mental Health)
Behavioral Issues (Mental Health)
Behavioral Issues: Adolescent Patients
Borderline Personality Disorder (Mental Health)
Rapport and Alliance
Consent, Capacity, and Competency Issues (Mental Health)
Crisis Intervention (Mental Health)
Depression: Adolescent Patients
Depression: Older Adult Patients
Aberrant Drug Use Behaviors
Mental Health Problems in Acute Care Patients
Family Issues: Adolescent Patients (Mental Health)
Mental Health Issues Secondary to Medical Problems
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (Mental Health)
Psychiatric Medications: Monitoring Effectiveness (Mental Health)
Psychiatric Medications: Recognizing Adverse Effects (Mental Health)
Schizophrenia and Psychosis
Staff-Splitting Patient Behaviors
Agitation and Disturbed Behaviors Prevention
Therapeutic Communication (Mental Health)
Trauma-Related Issues (Mental Health)