Workbook for Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 14th Edition
Gain real-world practice in insurance billing and coding with Fordney’s Workbook for Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office, 14th Edition. This user-friendly workbook features realistic, hands-on exercises to help you apply concepts and develop critical thinking skills. Study tools include performance objectives, key terms, abbreviation lists, study outlines, critical thinking assignments, and more.
- Performance objectives are carried throughout the chapter to help users identify what needs to be accomplished for that chapter.
- Critical thinking assignments contains questions in the form of short, real-world vignettes to assist users in applying theory learned from the textbook.
- Self-study exercises include fill-in-the-blank, mix-and-match, multiple-choice, and true/false questions.
- Key terms and abbreviations lists at beginning of each chapter help to teach and reinforce new concepts and terminology.
- Study outlines covering the key points for each chapter in the textbook guide effective note taking during classroom lecture.
- NEW! Updated content reflects changes in the main text.
Unit One: Career Roles and Responsibilities 1. Role of an Insurance Billing Specialist 2. HIPAA Compliance in Insurance Billing
Unit Two: The Claims Process 3. Basics of Health Insurance 4. Medical Documentation 5. Diagnostic Coding 6. Procedural Coding 7. The Paper Claim: CMS-1500 8. The Electronic Claim 9. Receiving Payments and Insurance Problem Solving 10. Office and Insurance Collection Strategies
Unit Three: Health Care Payers 11. The Blue Plans, Private Insurance and Managed Care Plans 12. Medicare 13. Medicaid and Other State Programs 14. TRICARE and CHAMPVA 15. Worker’s Compensation 16. Disability Income Insurance and Disability Benefit Insurance
Unit Four: Inpatient and Outpatient Billing 17. Hospital Billing
Unit Five: Employment 18. Seeking a Job and Attaining Professional Advancement
Marilyn Fordney, CMA-AC, Formerly, Instructor of Medical Insurance, Medical Terminology, Medical Machine Transcription, and Medical Office Procedures, Ventura College, Ventura, CA