AACN Core Curriculum for High Acuity, Progressive and Critical Care Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),7th Edition
From the experts at the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) comes the definitive resource for critical care certification and clinical practice. This new seventh edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the current state of high acuity, progressive, and critical care nursing practice and includes expanded coverage of pain management, palliative care, and end-of-life care; transplantation; and key AACN initiatives. It also reflects the most current literature, national and international guidelines, clinical studies, and of course, the newest content on the CCRN® exam.
- Authored by the experts at the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), this is the definitive guide to critical care nursing certification and clinical practice.
- NEW! Significantly updated content corresponds to the most recent CCRN® examination blueprint and reflects the most current literature, national and international guidelines, clinical studies, AACN/ANA scope of practice, and ECCO 3.0.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of key content reflects the healthcare needs of today’s patients, including pain management, palliative care, and end-of-life care; nutritional support; transplantation; and key AACN initiatives.
- Concise outline format is organized by body system to make information easy to digest.
- NEW! Clinical Pearls and Key Concepts boxes highlight key content and serve as a convenient quick reference.
- NEW! Improved navigation includes printed index tabs to help distinguish chapters and find information fast.
- Basic to advanced levels of coverage, with an emphasis on clinical nursing practice, prepare you for the full range of knowledge you will encounter on the CCRN exam and in practice.
- Coverage of the AACN Synergy Model is featured in the new opening chapter.
- Professional Care and Ethical Practice is integrated into the Core Curriculum series framework.
- A new chapter on Critical Care Patients with Special Needs includes bariatric and geriatric patients in critical care, as well as high-risk obstetric patients.
- Features new content on chest tubes, liver transplantation for acute liver failure, spirituality, and spiritual aspects of care.
- Integrates pain as the 5th vital sign and includes JCAHO, HCFA, and AHCPR guidelines relating to pain management.
- Features AHRQ evidence-based practice guidelines as reference sources for practice interventions.
- New organization for Patient Care presents patient problems, needs, etc. in order of clinical priority.
- Expanded Nursing Interventions includes considerations related to patient/family education, patient transfer, and discharge planning.
- Web-based resources for CDC, AHA, NINR, National Guideline Clearinghouse, NIH Consensus Conference Proceedings, ADA.
1. Professional Caring and Ethical Practice
2. Pulmonary System
3. Cardiovascular System
4. Neurologic System
5. Renal System
6. Endocrine System
7. Hematologic and Immune Systems
8. Gastrointestinal System
a. Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome and Specific Shock
b. Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
c. Multisystem Trauma
f. Toxin Exposure
10. Psychosocial Aspects of High Acuity and Critical Care
11. Critical Care Patients with Special Needs
a. Bariatric Patients
b. Care of the Older Adult
c. High-Risk Obstetric Patients
d. Patient Transport
e. Sedation in Critically Ill Patients
f. Pain in the Critically Ill Patient
g. Palliative and End-of-Life Care