Netter's Introduction to Clinical Procedures Elsevier eBook on Vitalsource,
Written with the student in mind, Netter's Introduction to Clinical Procedures, by Drs. Marios Loukas, R. Shane Tubbs, and Joseph Feldman, uses the well-known Netter anatomy art as a foundation for reinforcing the relevant clinical anatomy needed to successfully understand and perform basic procedures. Learn the practical application of this knowledge with step-by-step guides incorporating concise text, interactive images, and animation.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 84 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Didactic Netter illustrations provide clear informative visuals for quick understanding of anatomical relationships.
- Concise explanations enhance understanding of clinical underpinnings and implications.
- More than 30 common clinical procedures are explained and demonstrated with step-by-step illustrations.
- Multiple choice questions reinforce key concepts and challenge your knowledge.
Section 1, Airway/Breathing
1. Endotracheal intubation
2. Intercostal Nerve block
3. Mask Ventilation
6. Tracheostomy, Tracheotomy, Cricothyroidotomy
Section 2, Circulation and Vascular Access
7. Cardiac Pacing
8. Cardioversion and Defibrillation
9. Diagnostic Peritoneal Lavage
10. Expanded Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma (E-FAST) Examination
12. Nosebleed Cauterization
14. Central Venous Catherization
15. Peripheral Arterial Line Placement
16. Peripheral Intravenous Cannulation
17. Venous Cutdown
Section 3, Dislocations and Pain Management
18. Dislocated Hip Reduction
19. Dislocated Finger Reduction
20. Dislocated Knee Reduction
21. Dislocated Shoulder Reduction
22. Occipital Nerve block
23. Digital Nerve Block
24. Dental Nerve Blocks
Section 4, Removal of Fluid, Infection, and Foreign Bodies
25. Abdominal Paracentesis
26. Auricular Hematoma Drainage
27. Cerumen Removal
28. Ear and Nose Foreign Body Removal
29. Burr Hole Craniotomy
30. Elbow Joint Aspiration
31. Ingrown Toenail Removal
32. Knee Joint Aspiration
33. Lumbar Puncture
34. Nasogastric Tube Placement
35. Paronychia Incision and Drainage
36. Skin Abscess Incision and Drainage
37. Shoulder Joint Aspiration
38. Transurethral (Foley Catheter) and Suprapubic Urinary Bladder Catheterization
Appendix Answers to Review Questions
Marios Loukas, MD, PhD, Dean of Basic Sciences, Dean of Research, Professor and Co-chair, Department of Anatomical Sciences, School of Medicine, St.George's University, Grenada WI, R. Shane Tubbs, MS, PA-C, PhD, Professor and Chief Scientific Officer, Seattle Science Foundation, Seattle, Washington; Professor, Department of Anatomical Sciences, St. George's University, Grenada, West Indies and Joseph Feldman, MD, FACEP, Chairman, Emergency Services, Emergency & Trauma Center, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, New Jersey