Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Wong’s Nursing Care of Infants and Children, 10th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the NCLEX® exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, summary tables, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable NCLEX® exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system diseases, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the NCLEX® examination.
UNIT I: Children, Their Families and The Nurse
1. Perspectives of Pediatric Nursing
2. Social, Cultural, Religious, and Family Influences on Child Health Promotion
3. Hereditary Influences on Health Promotion of the Child and Family
UNIT II: Childhood and Family Assessment
4. Communication, Physical, and Developmental Assessment
5. Pain Assessment and Management
6. Childhood Communicable and Infectious Diseases
UNIT III: Family-Centered Care of the Newborn
7. Health Promotion of the Newborn and Family
8. Health Problems of Newborns
9. The High-Risk Newborn and Family
UNIT IV: Family-Centered Care of the Infant
10. Health Promotion of the Infant and Family
11. Health Problems of the Infant
UNIT V: Family-Centered Care of the Toddler and Preschooler
12. Health Promotion of the Toddler and Family
13. Health Promotion of the Preschooler and Family
14. Health Problems of the Toddler and Preschooler
UNIT VI: Family-Centered Care of the School-Age Child
15. Health Promotion of the School-Age Child and Family
16. Health Problems of the School-Age Child
UNIT VII: Family-Centered Care of the Adolescent
17. Health Promotion of the Adolescent and Family
18. Health Problems of the Adolescent
UNIT VIII: Family-Centered Care of the Child with Special Needs
19. Family-Centered Care of the Child with Chronic Illness or Disability
20. Family-Centered End-of-Life Care
21. Family-Centered Care of the Child with Cognitive or Sensory Impairment
UNIT IX: The Child who is Hospitalized
22. Family-Centered Care of the Child During Illness and Hospitalization
23. Pediatric Nursing Interventions and Skills
UNIT X: Childhood Nutrition and Elimination Problems
24. The Child with Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalance
25. The Child with Renal Dysfunction
26. The Child with Gastrointestinal Dysfunction
UNIT XI: Childhood Oxygenation Problems
27. Overview of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Exchange
28. The Child with Respiratory Dysfunction
UNIT XII: Childhood Blood Production and Circulation Problems
29. The Child with Cardiovascular Dysfunction
30. The Child with Hematologic or Immunologic Dysfunction
UNIT XIII: Childhood Regulatory Problems
31. The Child with Cancer
32. The Child with Neurologic Dysfunction
33. The Child with Endocrine Dysfunction
UNIT XIV: Childhood Physical Mobility Problems
34. The Child with Musculoskeletal or Articular Dysfunction
35. The Child with Neuromuscular or Muscular Dysfunction
A. Growth Measurements
B. Translations of FACES Pain Rating Scale
C. Spanish-English Translations
Answers to Critical Thinking Case Studies