Musculoskeletal Physical Examination, 2nd Edition
From an interdisciplinary author team now including orthopedic surgeons, PM&R specialists, and primary care and sports medicine experts, the second edition of Musculoskeletal Physical Examination: An Evidence-Based Approach educates physicians on how to give the most thorough physical examinations by understanding the "why" behind each type of exam. In-depth coverage of today's newest tests and techniques keeps you current in practice, and a new section titled "Author’s Preferred Approach" guides you through difficult areas of examination.
- Provides complete coverage of every musculoskeletal physical examination.
- Easy-to-use tables summarize and compare the evidence for specificity and sensitivity of each test for each condition.
- Utilizes over 200 illustrations to clearly depict each test.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices. You'll also have access to over 100 in-depth videos - many new to this edition - highlighting the latest exam techniques, such as the Thessaly test, Milking test, and Bear hug test.
- Distinguished author team now includes orthopedic surgeons, PM&R specialists, and primary care sports medicine experts.
- New section titled "Author’s Preferred Approach" guides readers through difficult areas of examination.
- Thorough updates and revisions made throughout each chapter keep you current in the field.
- Full-color figures enhance visual clarity.
Malanga : Musculoskeletal Physical Exam, An Evidence- Based Approach, 2e
1. Reliability and Validity of Physical Examinations
2. Sensory, Motor, and Reflex Examination
3. Physical Examination of the Cervical Spine
4. Physical Examination of the Shoulder
5. Physical Examination of the Elbow
6. Physical Examination of the Wrist and Hand
7. Physical Examination of the Lumbar Spine and Sacroiliac Joint
8. Physical Examination of the Pelvis and Hip
9. Physical Examination of the Knee
10. Physical Examinationof the Foot and Ankle
Gerard A. Malanga, MD, Director, Sports, Spine and Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Kessler Institute of Rehabilitation, Associate Professor, UMDNJ- New Jersey Medical School, West Orange, NJ, USA and Kenneth Mautner, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia