Clinical Skills: Skills for Nursing Collection, 1st Edition
Clinical Skills Online
Now there’s a standardized way to teach and evaluate skill performance across your entire nursing curriculum! Introducing Clinical Skills from Elsevier — a brand-new skills education series designed to help students of all learning styles truly master important nursing skills outside of the clinical environment. Whether used in the classroom or at home, each collection in the Clinical Skills series offers a consistent, 360-degree look at dozens of nursing skills to ensure your students have a solid understanding of all the important nursing skills and how to perform them safely and effectively.
Clinical Skills: Skills for Nursing Collection covers more than 1,200 of the most important nursing skills taught throughout a nursing curriculum.
Each skill in this collection features a consistent seven-part framework to guide students through all aspects of the skill. From high-definition videos or animations that demonstrate each step of the skill to an extended text that gives a comprehensive skill overview, your students will walk away with a firm understanding of how to properly perform each skill before they ever step foot in the clinical environment. Best of all, this remarkable web-based training product includes competency checklists for each skill to help you easily keep tabs on your students’ progress.
- Convenient web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practicing nurses use to train.
- Continually updated, evidence-based content is reviewed and revised annually by clinical skills experts to reflect changes in practice as they arise.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills offers a standardized way for you to learn and perform skills. Most skills feature the same types of skill learning tools to help you obtain a more holistic understanding of the skill and standard QSEN nursing competencies.
- Quick sheet provides a concise, step-by-step summary of the skill.
- Extended text offers an in-depth look at all aspects of the skill. Subjects addressed in the extended text section include:
- Safety alerts
- Patient and family education
- Delegation opportunities
- Monitoring and care
- Expected and unexpected outcomes
- Documentation guidelines
- Special gerontologic, pediatric, and home care considerations
- Evidence-based references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Equipment list helps familiarize students with each piece of equipment needed to perform the skill.
- Demonstration videos and animations visually guide you through every necessary step involved in the skill.
- Images and illustrations highlight crucial procedures, equipment, and documents involved in the skill.
- Competency tests with rationales help you review and evaluate your understanding of the skill.
- Printable evaluation checklists help you measure and track various skill competencies.
- Essentials (Nursing Fundamentals & Health Assessment)
- Critical Care
- Maternal Newborn
- Mental Health
- Respiratory Care
This product is available in the following formats: