Clinical Skills: Skills for Nursing Collection
Clinical Skills Online
- Convenient web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practicing nurses use to train.
- Continually updated, evidence-based content is reviewed and revised annually by clinical skills experts to reflect changes in practice as they arise.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills offers a standardized way for you to learn and perform skills. Most skills feature the same types of skill learning tools to help you obtain a more holistic understanding of the skill and standard QSEN nursing competencies.
- Quick sheet provides a concise, step-by-step summary of the skill.
- Extended text offers an in-depth look at all aspects of the skill. Subjects addressed in the extended text section include:
- Safety alerts
- Patient and family education
- Delegation opportunities
- Monitoring and care
- Expected and unexpected outcomes
- Documentation guidelines
- Special gerontologic, pediatric, and home care considerations
- Evidence-based references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Equipment list helps familiarize students with each piece of equipment needed to perform the skill.
- Demonstration videos and animations visually guide you through every necessary step involved in the skill.
- Images and illustrations highlight crucial procedures, equipment, and documents involved in the skill.
- Competency tests with rationales help you review and evaluate your understanding of the skill.
- Printable evaluation checklists help you measure and track various skill competencies.
- Essentials (Nursing Fundamentals & Health Assessment)
- Critical Care
- Maternal Newborn
- Mental Health
- Respiratory Care