Clinical Companion for Fundamentals of Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 9th Edition
A concise, pocket-sized nursing reference, Clinical Companion for Fundamentals of Nursing, 9th Edition includes all the facts and figures you’ll need to succeed in clinicals. The streamlined format organizes content by body system, with tables, boxes, and bulleted lists that simplify searching. From definitions and abbreviations to dosage calculations and lab values, this pocket guide presents the most up-to-date guidelines and clinical information in an easy-to-use, quick-reference format!
- Basic assessment by body system makes it easy to locate specific information.
- Concise, pocket-sized format ensures portability for use in the clinical setting.
- Basic facts and figures provide valuable background information.
- English-to-Spanish translations help you communicate with Spanish-speaking patients.
- Content is presented in tabular, list, and outline format for quick and easy retrieval.
- Chapter outlines with corresponding page numbers provide quick, easy access to information.
- NEW! The latest information on infection control, pressure ulcers, dietary guidelines, and more.
- NEW! Uses the latest NANDA-1 (2015-17), NIC, and NOC terminologies.
- UPDATED images serve as visual reinforcement throughout.
- NEW! Additional information for six QSEN competencies.
- UPDATED chapter bibliographies reference related sources for further in-depth study.
1. Health Care Terminology 2. Medications: Calculations and Administration 3. Infection Control 4. Basic Nursing Assessments 5. Documentation 6. Integumentary System 7. Skeletal System 8. Muscular System 9. Nervous System 10. Circulatory System 11. Respiratory System 12. Endocrine System 13. Digestive System 14. Urinary System 15. Reproductive System 16. Tests and Procedures 17. Surgical Nursing Care 18. Patient Safety 19. Care of the Dying
Appendix: English-to-Spanish Translation Guide: Key Medical Questions
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services
St. Louis, MO, Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL, Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL, Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Professor and Dean, School of Nursing, Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Veronica Peterson, BA, RN, BSN, MS, Manager of Clinical Support, University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation; Adjunct Clinical Instructor, University of Wisconsin School of Nursing, Madison, WI