Study Guide and Procedure Checklist Manual for Kinn's The Clinical Medical Assistant,13th Edition
Get more practice with the essential medical assisting job skills! Designed to support Kinn’s The Clinical Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 13th Edition, Kinn's The Clinical Medical Assistant – Study Guide and Procedure Checklist Manual Package: An Applied Learning Approach, 13th Edition offers a wide range of exercises to reinforce your understanding of common clinical skills — including CAAHEP and ABHES competencies.
- A variety of exercises test your knowledge and critical thinking skills with vocabulary review, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true/false questions.
- Additional exercises enhance learning with skills and concepts, word puzzles, case studies, workplace applications, and Internet activities.
- Procedure checklists help you track your performance of every procedure included in the textbook.
- Work products allow you to provide documentation to instructors and to accrediting organizations when a competency has been mastered.
- Cross-references tie together exercises in the study guide to the Connections theme in the main text.
- NEW! Eight procedure checklists based on CAAHEP competencies provide an assessment tool for MA procedures.
- NEW! Glucometer test results and Mantoux test records allow you to assess how well you’re able to perform these procedures.
- NEW! SimChart for the Medical Office Connection ties EHR cases to appropriate chapters.
Unit 1: Introduction to Clinical Medical Assisting
1. The Medical Assistant and Competency-Based Education 2. The Health Record 3. Infection Control 4. Patient Assessment 5. Patient Education 6. Nutrition and Health Promotion 7. Vital Signs 8. Assisting with the Primary Physical Examination
Unit 2: Assisting with Medications
9. Principles of Pharmacology 10. Pharmacy Math 11. Administering Medications
Unit 3: Assisting with Medical Specialties
12. All-Hazard Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies 13. Assisting with Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology 14. Assisting in Dermatology 15. Assisting in Gastroenterology 16. Assisting in Urology and Male Reproduction 17. Assisting in Obstetrics and Gynecology 18. Assisting in Pediatrics 19. Assisting in Orthopedic Medicine 20. Assisting in Neurology and Mental Health 21. Assisting in Endocrinology 22. Assisting in Pulmonary Medicine 23. Assisting in Cardiology 24. Assisting in Geriatrics
Unit 4: Diagnostic Procedures
25. Principles of Electrocardiography 26. Assisting with Diagnostic Imaging 27. Assisting in the Clinical Laboratory 28. Assisting in the Analysis of Urine 29. Assisting in Blood Collection 30. Assisting in the Analysis of Blood 31. Assisting in Microbiology and Immunology
Unit 5: Assisting with Surgeries
32. Surgical Supplies and Instruments 33. Surgical Asepsis and Assisting with Surgical Procedures
Unit 6: Career Development 34) Career Development and Life Skills
Deborah B. Proctor, EdD, RN, CMA, Professor and Director, Medical Assisting Program, Butler County Community College, Butler, PA, Brigitte Niedzwiecki, RN, MSN, RMA, Medical Assistant Program Director & Instructor, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Julie Pepper, BS, CMA (AAMA), Medical Assistant Instructor, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Marti Garrels, MSA, MT(ASCP), CMA (AAMA), Medical Assisting Program Consultant
Retired Medical Assisting Program Director
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Kirkland, Washington and Helen Mills, Helen Mills, RN, MSN, RMA, LXMO, AHI
Medical Assisting Program Coordinator and Advisor
Port St. Lucie, Florida