SimChart for the Medical Office: Learning the Medical Office Workflow - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource & SimChart for the Medical Office (Access Cards)
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Get the most out of SimChart for the Medical Office with step-by-step guidelinesl A companion book to SimChart for the Medical Office, Learning the Medical Office Workflow provides clear instructions for all of the medical assisting simulations in SimChart for the Medical Office. In completing these tasks, you’ll get more than 50 hours of hands-on practice with performing essential ABHES and CAAHEP competencies — that’s more practice than any other electronic health record education tool on the market. Using screen shots and best practices, this how-to manual makes it easier to work through each of the tasks and assignments in SimChart for the Medical Office.
- 110 interactive assignments are aligned with ABHES and CAAHEP competencies, from front office skills to clinical skills to practice management skills — providing more than 50 hours of documentation practice.
- Hands-on practice makes it easier to learn core competencies, with tasks simulating the real-world administrative duties of the medical assistant.
- Integration of practice management and EHR offers training with practice management skills such as patient registration, scheduling, office management, and insurance processing as well as EHR skills such as patient record documentation and written orders.
- Simulation instructions and screen shots are provided with each assignment to guide you through each step of the tasks.
- TruCode medical encoder allows you to look up ICD/CPT/HCPCS codes electronically for case study assignments.
- Intuitive and realistic learning environment provides a safe classroom environment in which you can develop key documentation skills.
Unit 1: Navigating SimChart for the Medical Office
About SimChart for the Medical Office
Unit 2: Front Office
Unit 3: Clinical Care
Unit 4: Coding & Billing
Appendix: Showcasing Experience and Portfolio Tips