Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Medical-Surgical Nursing - Updated Edition, 8th Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing - Next Generation
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 8th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing 2.0 integrates seamlessly into your course to help students of all skill levels focus their study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the NCLEX® exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing 2.0 is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows students to advance at their own pace — based on their performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows students to view their progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, summary tables, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable NCLEX® exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system diseases, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the NCLEX® examination.
Unit 1: Foundations for Medical-Surgical Nursing 1. Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing Practice 2. Common Health Problems of Older Adults 3. Assessment and Care of Patients with Pain 4. Genetic Concepts for Medical-Surgical Nursing 5. Evidence-Based Practice in Health Care 6. Rehabilitation Concepts for Chronic and Disabling Health Problems 7. End-of-Life Care
Unit II: Concepts of Emergency Care and Disaster Preparedness 8. Concepts of Emergency and Trauma Nursing 9. Care of Patients with Common Environmental Emergencies 10. Concepts of Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
Unit III: Management of Patients with Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances 11. Assessment and Care of Patients with Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances 12. Assessment and Care of Patients with Acid-Base Imbalances 13. Infusion Therapy
Unit IV: Management of Perioperative Patients 14. Care of Preoperative Patients 15. Care of Intraoperative Patients 16. Care of Postoperative Patients
Concept Overview: Protection
Unit V: Problems of Protection: Management of Patients with Problems of the Immune System 17. Inflammation and Immunity 18. Care of Patients with Arthritis and Other Connective Tissue Diseases 19. Care of Patients with HIV Disease and Other Immunodeficiencies 20. Care of Patients with Immune Function Excess: Hypersensitivity (Allergy) and Autoimmunity 21. Cancer Development 22. Care of Patients with Cancer 23. Care of Patients with Infection
Unit VI: Problems of Protection: Management of Patients with Problems of the Skin, Hair, and Nails 24. Assessment of the Skin, Hair, and Nails 25. Care of Patients with Skin Problems 26. Care of Patients with Burns
Concept Overview: Oxygenation and Tissue Perfusion
Unit VII: Problems of Oxygenation: Management of Patients with Problems of the Respiratory Tract 27. Assessment of the Respiratory System 28. Care of Patients Requiring Oxygen Therapy or Tracheostomy 29. Care of Patients with Noninfectious Upper Respiratory Problems 30. Care of Patients with Noninfectious Lower Respiratory Problems 31. Care of Patients with Infectious Respiratory Problems 32. Care of Critically Ill Patients with Respiratory Problems
Unit VIII: Problems of Cardiac Output and Tissue Perfusion: Management of Patients with Problems of the Cardiovascular System 33. Assessment of the Cardiovascular System 34. Care of Patients with Dysrhythmias 35. Care of Patients with Cardiac Problems 36. Care of Patients with Vascular Problems 37. Care of Patients with Shock 38. Care of Patients with Acute Coronary Syndromes
Unit IX: Problems of Tissue Perfusion: Management of Patients with Problems of the Hematologic System 39. Assessment of the Hematologic System 40. Care of Patients with Hematologic Problems
Concept Overview: Mobility, Sensory Perception, and Cognition
Unit X: Problems of Cognition, Mobility, and Sensory Perception: Management of Patients with Problems of the Nervous System 41. Assessment of the Nervous System 42. Care of Patients with Problems of the Central Nervous System: The Brain 43. Care of Patients with Problems of the Central Nervous System: The Spinal Cord 44. Care of Patients with Problems of the Peripheral Nervous System 45. Care of Critically Ill Patients with Neurologic Problems
Unit XI: Problems of Sensation: Management of Patients with Problems of the Sensory System 46. Assessment of the Eye and Vision 47. Care of Patients with Eye and Vision Problems 48. Assessment and Care of Patients with Ear and Hearing Problems
Unit XII: Problems of Mobility: Management of Patients with Problems of the Musculoskeletal System 49. Assessment of the Musculoskeletal System 50. Care of Patients with Musculoskeletal Problems 51. Care of Patients with Musculoskeletal Trauma
Concept Overview: Nutrition, Metabolism, and Bowel Elimination
Unit XIII: Problems of Digestion, Nutrition, and Elimination: Management of Patients with Problems of the Gastrointestinal System 52. Assessment of the Gastrointestinal System 53. Care of Patients with Oral Cavity Problems 54. Care of Patients with Esophageal Problems 55. Care of Patients with Stomach Disorders 56. Care of Patients with Noninflammatory Intestinal Disorders 57. Care of Patients with Inflammatory Intestinal Disorders 58. Care of Patients with Liver Problems 59. Care of Patients with Problems of the Biliary System and Pancreas 60. Care of Patients with Malnutrition: Undernutrition and Obesity
Unit XIV: Problems of Regulation and Metabolism: Management of Patients with Problems of the Endocrine System 61. Assessment of the Endocrine System 62. Care of Patients with Pituitary and Adrenal Gland Problems 63. Care of Patients with Problems of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands 64. Care of Patients with Diabetes Mellitus
Concept Overview: Urinary Elimination
Unit XV: Problems of Excretion: Management of Patients with Problems of the Renal/Urinary System 65. Assessment of the Renal/Urinary System 66. Care of Patients with Urinary Problems 67. Care of Patients with Kidney Disorders 68. Care of Patients with Acute Kidney Injury and Chronic Kidney Disease
Concept Overview: Sexuality
Unit XVI: Problems of Reproduction: Management of Patients with Problems of the Reproductive System 69. Assessment of the Reproductive System 70. Care of Patients with Breast Disorders 71. Care of Patients with Gynecologic Problems 72. Care of Patients with Male Reproductive Problems 73. Care of Transgender Patients 74. Care of Patients with Sexually Transmitted Disease
Donna D. Ignatavicius, MS, RN, CNE, CNEcl, ANEF,FAADN, Speaker and Curriculum Consultant for Academic Nursing Programs; Founder, Boot Camp for Nurse Educators; President, DI Associates, Inc. Littleton, Colorado and M. Linda Workman, PhD, RN, FAAN, Visiting Professor, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
This product is available in the following formats: