Certification Review for PeriAnesthesia Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
- Exam-based organization of questions mirrors that of the CPAN and CAPA exams, covering the four core subject areas: physiological, cognitive/behavioral, safety, and patient advocacy.
- Case study and clinical application questions reflect the style of the questions on the actual certification exams, allowing you to prepare for these types of questions and practice clinical reasoning.
- Detailed rationales for each question help you understand why certain answer options are better than others.
- References for each question show where to find and verify the latest standards of practice.
- Essential perianesthesia nursing concepts are identified and tied to the corresponding chapter in the Core Curriculum.
- NEW! More than 650 brand-new review questions include answers and rationales, and reflect current evidence and standards of practice, so you can prepare effectively for the newest exam and deliver the best possible nursing care for patients who undergo sedation, analgesia, and anesthesia.
- NEW! An additional 175 review questions in the online Review Tool offer practice with timed test taking.
- UPDATED review content is organized to match the content of ASPAN’s PeriAnesthesia Nursing Core Curriculum and incorporates the test blueprints of ABPANC (the American Board of Perianesthesia Nursing Certification).
Chapter 1: Certification of Perianesthesia Nurses: CPAN and CAPA Certification Programs
Chapter 2: Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Peripheral Vascular, and Hematological Systems
Chapter 3: Neurological and Gastrointestinal Systems
Chapter 4: Renal and Integumentary Systems
Chapter 5: Genitourological, Reproductive, and Musculoskeletal Systems
Chapter 6: Endocrine System, Fluids, and Electrolytes
Chapter 7: Maintenance of Normothermia, Physiological Comfort, Therapeutic Environment
Chapter 8: Anesthesia, Malignant Hyperthermia
Chapter 9: Diversity, Psychosocial Assistance
Chapter 10: Patient/Family Education
Chapter 11: ASPAN Standards, Documentation, Regulatory Guidelines, and Patient Safety Needs
ASPAN, Theresa Clifford, MSN, RN, CPAN, CAPA, Manager of Perioperative Services, Mercy Hospital, Portland, Maine; Nurse Liaison for Special Projects, American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses, Cherry Hill, New Jersey and Denise O'Brien, DNP, RN, ACNS-BC, CPAN, CAPA, FAAN, Perianesthesia Clinical Nurse Specialist, University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Adjunct Clinical Instructor, University of Michigan School of Nursing, Ann Arbor, Michigan