Workbook for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2016 Edition - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,
Polish up your coding skills with this practical workbook! Corresponding to the chapters in Carol J. Buck's Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2016 Edition, this workbook offers review and practice with more than 1,200 theory, practical, and report exercises (odd-numbered answers are provided in the appendix), including fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and true or false questions. It provides a complete review of all current coding sets, including ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS, and more than 90 original source documents to familiarize you with reports similar to those you will encounter on the job.
- Complete coverage of ICD-10-CM provides plenty of practice with the new code set.
- Theory, practical, and reporting exercises help you master key concepts and apply your knowledge.
- Over 90 real-world coding reports (cleared of any patient identifiers) provide experience with reports similar to those you will encounter in practice.
- Workbook questions follow the same answer format as the text with the multiple code icons, helping you develop your coding ability and critical thinking skills.
- Answers to odd-numbered questions are included in the appendix.
- NEW! Separate HCPCS chapter provides additional practice with the application of key concepts.
- UPDATED content includes the latest coding information available for accurate coding and success in practice.
1. Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance
2. An Overview of ICD-10-CM
3. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
4. Using ICD-10-CM
5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
7. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
8. Introduction to CPT
9. Introduction to the Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
11. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
13. Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
14. Integumentary System
15. Musculoskeletal System
16. Respiratory System
17. Cardiovascular System
18. Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
19. Digestive System
20. Urinary and Male Genital Systems
21. Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, Maternity Care and Delivery
22. Endocrine and Nervous Systems
23. Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
27. Inpatient Coding
Appendix A: Reports
Appendix B: Answers to Odd-Numbered Workbook Questions
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN