Arrhythmia Essentials, 2nd Edition
- conditions, clinical symptoms/presentations, and management.
- Includes numerous therapy/guideline tables and treatment algorithms.
- Offers new coverage of managing arrhythmias during pregnancy and expanded information on athletes and arrhythmias.
- Incorporates recommendations based on recent published guidelines.
- New! Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Chapter 1. Sinus Node - Normal and Abnormal Rhythms
Chapter 2. Bradyarrhythmias - Conduction System Abnormalities
Chapter 3. Ectopic Complexes and Rhythms
Chapter 4. Tachycardia
Chapter 5. Supraventricular Tachyarrhythmias
Chapter 6. Ventricular Tachyarrhythmias
Chapter 7. Cardiac Pacing and Pacemaker Rhythms
Chapter 8. Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators
Chapter 9. Drug Effects and Electrolyte Disorders
Chapter 10. Athletes and Arrhythmias
Chapter 11. Evaluation of the Patient with Suspected Arrhythmias
Chapter 12. Treatment of Arrhythmias
Chapter 13. Management of Arrhythmias in Pregnancy
Brian Olshansky, MD, Professor Emeritus of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals, Iowa City, IA; Cardiac Electrophysiologist, Mercy Hospital, North Iowa, Mason City, Iowa, Mina K Chung, MD, Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University, Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing; Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Heart and Vascular Institute, Department of Molecular Cardiology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, Steven M Pogwizd, MD, Featheringill Endowed Professor of Cardiac Arrhythmia Research, Professor of Medicine, Physiology & Biophysics, and Biomedical Engineering, Director, Center for Cardiovascular Biology, Associate Director, Cardiac Rhythm Management Laboratory, University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama and Nora Goldschlager, MD, Professor of Clinical Medicine, University of California San Francisco;Chief, Clinical Cardiology, Director, Coronary Care Unit, ECG Laboratory and Pacemaker Clinic, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA