Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Basic Medical Language-, 5th Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Learning
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Basic Medical Language, 5th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
1. Introduction to Medical Language, Body Structure, and Oncology 2. Directional Terms, Planes, Regions, Positions, and Quadrants 3. Integumentary System, Colors, and Plural Endings 4. Respiratory System 5. Urinary System 6. Reproductive Systems 7. Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems 8. Digestive System 9. Eye and Ear 10. Musculoskeletal System 11. Nervous System and Behavioral Health 12. Endocrine System
Appendices A: Word Parts Used in Basic Medical Language B: Abbreviations, Including Error-prone Abbreviation List C: Answers to Exercises
Myrna LaFleur Brooks, RN, BEd, Founding President of the National Association of Health Unit Clerks/Coordinators, Faculty Emeritus, Maricopa County Community College District, Phoenix, AZ and Danielle LaFleur Brooks, MA, Med, Faculty, Community Colleges of Vermont