Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2016 edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2016 Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Unit 1: Reimbursement
1. Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance
Unit 2: ICD-10-CM
1. An Overview of ICD-10-CM
2. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
3. Using ICD-10-CM
4. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
Unit 3: CPT and HCPCS
7. 8. Introduction to CPT
8. 9. Introduction to the Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
9. 10. Modifiers
10. 11. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
11. 12. Anesthesia
12. 13. Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
13. 14. Integumentary System
14. 15. Musculoskeletal System
15. 16. Respiratory System
16. 17. Cardiovascular System
17. 18. Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
18. 19. Digestive System
19. 20. Urinary and Male Genital Systems
20. 21. Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, Maternity Care and Delivery
21. 22. Endocrine and Nervous Systems
22. 23. Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
23. 24. Radiology
24. 25. Pathology/Laboratory
25. 26. Medicine
Unit 4: Inpatient Coding
26. 27. Inpatient Coding
Appendix A: Online Resources
Appendix B: Exercise Answers
Appendix C: Quick Check Answers
Appendix D: EHR Screens
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN