Elsevier Adaptive Learning for Structure and Function of the Body, 15th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Structure & Function of the Human Body, 15th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
1.Introduction to the Body 2.Chemistry of Life 3.Cells 4.Tissues 5.Organ Systems 6.Skin and Membranes 7.Skeletal System 8.Muscular System 9.Nervous System 10.Senses 11.Endocrine System 12.Blood 13.Circulatory System 14.Lymphatic System and Immunity 15.Respiratory System 16.Digestive System 17.Nutrition and Metabolism 18.Urinary System 19.Fluid and Electrolyte Balance 20.Acid-Base Balance 21.Reproductive Systems 22.Growth and Development
Appendix A: Body Mass Index Appendix B: Common Medical Abbreviations, Prefixes, and Suffixes Chapter Test Answers Glossary
Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, Wisconsin, USA and Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction, New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, New York; Professor Emeritus of Life Sciences, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, Missouri; Assistant Professor Emeritus of Physiology, Course Director Emeritus in Human Physiology, St. Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, Missouri, USA