Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to McCurrin's Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians, 8th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented Cerego algorithms to help you learn faster and remember longer. It’s fun; it’s engaging; and it’s constantly tracking your performance and adapting to deliver content precisely when it’s needed to ensure core information is transformed into lasting knowledge.
- An individual study schedule reduces cognitive workload and helps you become a more effective learner by automatically guiding the learning and review process.
- The mobile app offers a seamless learning experience between your smartphone and the web with your memory profile maintained and managed in the cloud.
- UNIQUE! Your memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify personal learning and forgetting patterns.
- UNIQUE! Material is re-presented just before you would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay.
- A personalized learning pathway is established based on your learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery.
- The comprehensive student dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress.
Module One: Veterinary Technology: An Overview
1. Introduction to Veterinary Technology: Its Laws and Ethics
2. Veterinary Practice Management
3. Written and Digital Medical Records
4. Occupational Health and Safety in Veterinary Hospitals
Module Two: Patient Management and Nutrition
5. Animal Behavior
6. Restraint and Handling of Animals
7. History and Physical Examination
8. Preventive Health Programs
9. Companion Animal Nutrition
10. Large Animal Nutrition
11. Animal Reproduction
Module Three: Clinical Sciences
12. Hematology, Cytology
13. Clinical Chemistry, Serology and Urinalysis
15. Clinical Microbiology
16. Diagnostic Imaging
17. Basic Necropsy Procedures
Module Four: Medical Nursing
18. Diagnostic Sampling and Treatment Techniques
19. Small Animal Medical Nursing
20. Large Animal Medical Nursing
21. Neonatal Care of Puppy, Kitten, and Foal
22. Care of Birds, Reptiles and Small Mammals
23. Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Alternative Medical Nursing
Module Five: Emergency and Critical Care
24. Fluid Therapy and Transfusion Medicine
25. Emergency & Critical Care Nursing
26. Wound Management and Bandaging
Module Six: Anesthesia, Analgesia and Pharmacology
27. Pharmacology and Pharmacy
28. Pain Management
29. Veterinary Anesthesia
Module Seven: Surgical Nursing
30. Surgical instruments and Aseptic Technique
31. Surgical Assistance and Suture Material
32. Small Animal Surgical Nursing
33. Large Animal Surgical Nursing
34. Veterinary Dentistry
Module Eight: End of Life
35. Geriatric and Hospice Care: Supporting the Aged and Dying Patient
36. The Human Animal Bond and Euthanasia